Author Topic: Any other skateboarders/longboarders here?  (Read 1047 times)
MVMH_99

View Posts
View Gallery

Nothin' Like Clear MV...

Any other skateboarders/longboarders here? « on: November 28, 2020, 04:53:50 PM » Author: MVMH_99
Hey guys!

I've been wondering as of late if anyone else on here is into skateboarding/longboarding.

I first started skateboarding in the fall of 2017, and have been keeping at it since.  My main area of interest resides in riding at skateparks, but I also have a longboard I ride around in the neighborhood.  The latter is particularly nice-to-have right now with COVID, since adequate social distancing isn't always feasible in a skatepark environment.  I would say my skill level is "intermediate," as I'm neither physically gifted nor talented enough to "grind," do jumps, or otherwise "catch air" with my board - I always like to keep mine ON the concrete! ;D  I greatly enjoy ramps and smaller bowls, however, along with going sideways and riding other inclines.

As a hobby, my only gripe is that it DOES get expensive after a while, as both the board hardware and protective gear does wear out after a while, meaning I have to replace something pretty much every month or so.  With that exception, I've found it's a GREAT outlet - particularly given the stress of COVID.  Nothing burns stress like gettin' out there and doin' some shreddin'! - for me, it is a time where I can put all my stresses and the nuisances of life behind me!

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else might happen to share this interest and passion of mine...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it - let old lighting LIVE!

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Any other skateboarders/longboarders here? « Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 10:45:50 PM » Author: takemorepills
I began skateboarding back in 1990.
Still do it from time to time.
I used to live in AZ, we'd skate everywhere, all the time.
Now I live in WA on the rainy side, and between rain, terrible roads and lack of sidewalks I have dialed back my riding. I do still do it to impress the kids.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Any other skateboarders/longboarders here? « Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 09:54:33 AM » Author: Cole D.
I have been on a skateboard a few times, but I don't really know how to do it.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

MVMH_99

View Posts
View Gallery

Nothin' Like Clear MV...

Re: Any other skateboarders/longboarders here? « Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 03:27:15 PM » Author: MVMH_99
I have been on a skateboard a few times, but I don't really know how to do it.

Just as a word of encouragement if you're ever interested again, it's a bit like learning to ride a bike... It does take some trial and error at first, but you'll eventually get a "feel" for it and develop your own style.  It won't happen overnight, though, so you'll have to stay committed and keep a good attitude to master it! ;) :)

MVMH_99

View Posts
View Gallery

Nothin' Like Clear MV...

Re: Any other skateboarders/longboarders here? « Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 03:29:46 PM » Author: MVMH_99
Nice!  Always good to see that there are still grown adults in other places who are passionate.  This isn't the case everywhere you look.

I totally concur that rain and/or bad roads make for a TERRIBLE skateboarding experience!  Living in such a place would be a challenge for me, as it would so heavily restrict when and where I could get out!  :D

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Any other skateboarders/longboarders here? « Reply #5 on: November 29, 2020, 03:37:44 PM » Author: Ash
I had been skateboarding (not tricks, just riding on the board for distances on light downhills) in my school years, though havent been to it in several years now
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Any other skateboarders/longboarders here? « Reply #6 on: November 29, 2020, 04:31:04 PM » Author: takemorepills
I remember when riding skateboard in AZ as a kid, the only bummer was that during really hot summers, I'd be riding my skateboard on a concrete sidewalk and when riding off of the sidewalk to asphalt the asphalt would be so hot that my skateboard wheels would leave tracks, while slowing me down enough to make me nearly lose my balance then need to begin frantically kicking to keep momentum up on the hot asphalt.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Any other skateboarders/longboarders here? « Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 04:35:31 PM » Author: Ash
Nothing a little downhill slope wouldn't solve....
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies