Author Topic: Osram-GEC 400W Mercury with Magnesium Fluorogermanate Phosphor  (Read 2139 times)
James

View Posts
View Gallery

Osram-GEC 400W Mercury with Magnesium Fluorogermanate Phosphor « on: November 04, 2020, 05:24:15 PM » Author: James
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254766857847
lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: Osram-GEC 400W Mercury with Magnesium Fluorogermanate Phosphor « Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 12:01:40 AM » Author: lights*plus
The listing already ended. In the title & description the seller said Photography lamp. Was this self ballasted for 200-250 volt mains?
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Osram-GEC 400W Mercury with Magnesium Fluorogermanate Phosphor « Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 02:45:44 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
The listing already ended. In the title & description the seller said Photography lamp. Was this self ballasted for 200-250 volt mains?

Since this lamp says “MBF/U” on the etch, it needs a ballast to operate. It can be used on any 400w MV ballast in the world including US 400w H33 mercury vapor ballasts. “ML” means self ballasted mercury vapor in European terms.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 02:47:29 PM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: Osram-GEC 400W Mercury with Magnesium Fluorogermanate Phosphor « Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 09:32:02 PM » Author: lights*plus
I see, so the lamp maker puts the 200-250 figure on the lamp so that amateurs like me get confused.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Osram-GEC 400W Mercury with Magnesium Fluorogermanate Phosphor « Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 09:55:02 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I see, so the lamp maker puts the 200-250 figure on the lamp so that amateurs like me get confused.

In a universal sense that indicates the required OCV for starting the lamp. Normally, the 200-250v indicates that it needs a 200-250v mains series choke. For all choke ballasts, the OCV is the same as the mains supply.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 09:56:51 PM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies