Author Topic: What a way to go.!!  (Read 928 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

What a way to go.!! « on: May 19, 2021, 08:03:47 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I'm sending some books to my mother for her birthday and decided to use a tracked service.  :wndr:
Imagine my surprise when I saw the roundabout route that it has taken, a distance of 316 miles compared to the 25 miles that it would take to go directly there.  :poof:
So it travelled about 290 miles that weren't necessary.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What a way to go.!! « Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 08:07:34 AM » Author: Rommie
Yeah, why they thought that sending it to Glasgow and back again was a good idea is beyond me  ???

Mind you, that's not as bad as the time when a parcel sent to me from the US apparently found its way to Tokyo..! It arrived the day after I got that tracking message though, so I suspect it was someone at USPS having an April Fool joke, as it was then that it happened. It gave me a fright for a moment or two, though  :poof:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What a way to go.!! « Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 09:49:38 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Yeah, why they thought that sending it to Glasgow and back again was a good idea is beyond me  ???

Mind you, that's not as bad as the time when a parcel sent to me from the US apparently found its way to Tokyo..! It arrived the day after I got that tracking message though, so I suspect it was someone at USPS having an April Fool joke, as it was then that it happened. It gave me a fright for a moment or two, though  :poof:

Might be a system bug, but the bulbs you sent me got stuck in Miami after coming from Chicago and evetally landed in KC. ::)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What a way to go.!! « Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 10:07:00 AM » Author: Rommie
Yeah, we noticed that, maybe they felt like a road trip  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What a way to go.!! « Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 11:53:06 AM » Author: marcopete87
I'm sending some books to my mother for her birthday and decided to use a tracked service.  :wndr:
Imagine my surprise when I saw the roundabout route that it has taken, a distance of 316 miles compared to the 25 miles that it would take to go directly there.  :poof:
So it travelled about 290 miles that weren't necessary.

It is normal (i worked 3 month as postman): when you send a letter, parcel, ecc, it is collected to local post office and go to the sorting center (one or more, it depends about destination) and, if there are some incorrect sorting, parcel may be jumping between sorting centers.
It rarely happens, but it happens.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What a way to go.!! « Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 01:24:08 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I know that it sometimes happens, but to go to Glasgow from Aberdeen, then back to Aberdeen before going out for delivery is a bit bizarre...  ???

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies