Author Topic: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace  (Read 2195 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « Reply #15 on: December 09, 2020, 02:25:29 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
For me I find that all L*D lights hurt my eyes when I look at them.  :curse:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « Reply #16 on: December 09, 2020, 05:29:16 PM » Author: Binarix128
For me I find that all L*D lights hurt my eyes when I look at them.  :curse:
Yeah, won't deny it, also, practically all the LEDs hurts my eyes.  :sadbulb:
Mr. Orthosilicate

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « Reply #17 on: December 12, 2020, 10:53:27 PM » Author: Mr. Orthosilicate
I’ve seen something like this being advertised on tv. The thing that drove me crazy was that that particular ad made a terrible comparison to say how bright it was. The said something along the lines of “look at how much brighter this garage is with the led compared to a 60w bulb”. I wouldn’t have had a problem, except for the fact they were comparing apples to oranges. The light output was equivalent to a 200w bulb, so they really should have compared it to that and then said that it saves a huge amount of energy. Of course, that won’t sell their product as well, so I understand why they did what they did.

The one thing that drives me nuts though is the high color temperature. If I wanted a high color temperature, I would install a fluorescent. If it screws into a socket, I want it to be 2700k.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « Reply #18 on: December 12, 2020, 10:59:10 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
It wouldn't be tough to make it either 2,700 or 3,000k . For some reason everyone's hooked on the 5,000k and up color temps.

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « Reply #19 on: December 12, 2020, 11:01:23 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
4000K is my sweet spot.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « Reply #20 on: December 12, 2020, 11:07:14 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I don't mind 5,000k fluorescents but in LED , it's overkill .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « Reply #21 on: December 13, 2020, 12:38:17 AM » Author: joseph_125
Something that bugs me about the higher lumen screw in LED lamps is that it seems like they're all made in 5000K. I'm sure 3000K versions exist somewhere but they aren't sold in hardware stores.
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: I reccomend this to anyone who has lamp holders in a workspace « Reply #22 on: December 13, 2020, 02:27:18 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I got one of these things from Walmart. It came out of box partially burnt out (one of the panels had half the LED's out) and after 3 days the base of the lamp started sparking and arcing. Its base was melted and stuck in the socket.

I swapped back to a feit LED'S CORN COB that has served well for a while now.

I will specify thag I am not "upgrading" to LED. I supplement it in to some of my installations to add more blue light to certain areas and I combine it together with incandescents and fluorescent to get a fuller spectrum. I mostly use incan/LED combos.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies