Author Topic: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression?  (Read 11936 times)
Sparky_t17

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #45 on: January 30, 2021, 03:49:21 AM » Author: Sparky_t17
Haven’t been doing so well sometimes myself. I fight this and out of nowhere anxiety. Sometimes both at the same time. Finding that vintage T17 light sparked some excitement in me that I hadn’t felt in a while. It sucks dealing with both disorders. Being scared and terrified of things that most people really wouldn’t give much thought but being to sad and out of energy to do anything about it.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #46 on: January 30, 2021, 08:59:02 AM » Author: Rommie
Haven’t been doing so well sometimes myself. I fight this and out of nowhere anxiety. Sometimes both at the same time. Finding that vintage T17 light sparked some excitement in me that I hadn’t felt in a while. It sucks dealing with both disorders. Being scared and terrified of things that most people really wouldn’t give much thought but being to sad and out of energy to do anything about it.
Same here. Since all this Covid stuff started, I have developed a real and scary phobia of face masks, so much so that it's really difficult to go out, as they're everywhere  :'(
I'm a good listener, or so I've been told, so if you or anyone ever want a chat, I'm available  :love:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #47 on: January 30, 2021, 10:38:19 PM » Author: Econolite03
I am currently battling depression and have been for about two years, and it only seems to not get better. To be honest, I almost pulled the plug a few times, and even almost gave up L-G (which is why all my posts were deleted back in early December). Today, I considered to stop posting or commenting on anything on L-G for the next few months, as I feel ignored or my content isn’t what people want or isn’t good enough.

I am under treatment and I joined L-G because I had nowhere else to go, and felt sharing my collection could be beneficial, but I don’t know at this point. Anyways, my story sounds kinda dark but that’s just the way it is. Maybe something will change in the future.
Desultory13
Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #48 on: January 30, 2021, 11:06:08 PM » Author: Desultory13
I am currently battling depression and have been for about two years, and it only seems to not get better. To be honest, I almost pulled the plug a few times, and even almost gave up L-G (which is why all my posts were deleted back in early December). Today, I considered to stop posting or commenting on anything on L-G for the next few months, as I feel ignored or my content isn’t what people want or isn’t good enough.

I am under treatment and I joined L-G because I had nowhere else to go, and felt sharing my collection could be beneficial, but I don’t know at this point. Anyways, my story sounds kinda dark but that’s just the way it is. Maybe something will change in the future.
I don't know if means much but I certainly understand what you're saying.
I have been dealing with depression and especially anxiety for almost 3 years now.
I'm glad to hear that you are receiving treatment as it's brutal to face it alone as I am.
These anxiety attacks have landed me in the ER more than I care to think about.
Anyway I joined LG almost a year ago thinking that it might be good for me and like you I've felt like quitting several times with the feeling that what I upload or say doesn't account for much.
But trust me as I have a few years on you quitting never works it only makes things worse.
Things may seem dark now but they won't always be that way.
It may take time maybe even a few years but things will get better so long as you remain focused and keep moving forward.
As for your content I like seeing the streetlights that you post. There was even a few with some power poles in the background that I was hoping you could get more pictures of but I didn't hear back from you.
So just to let you know just keep on hanging in there some days will be tougher than others so when that happens try not to push yourself to hard instead just take it easy.
As far as quitting LG try to hang on I mean how else am I going to be able to see cool streetlights in California?
The lights here in Florida are completely boring.
I can't quit anyway because Ria won't let me!
So lets just go to work!
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #49 on: January 30, 2021, 11:34:39 PM » Author: Econolite03
I have been dealing with depression and especially anxiety for almost 3 years now.
I'm glad to hear that you are receiving treatment as it's brutal to face it alone as I am.
Anyway I joined LG almost a year ago thinking that it might be good for me and like you I've felt like quitting several times with the feeling that what I upload or say doesn't account for much.
But trust me as I have a few years on you quitting never works it only makes things worse.
It may take time maybe even a few years but things will get better so long as you remain focused and keep moving forward.
As for your content I like seeing the streetlights that you post. There was even a few with some power poles in the background that I was hoping you could get more pictures of but I didn't hear back from you.
So just to let you know just keep on hanging in there some days will be tougher than others so when that happens try not to push yourself to hard instead just take it easy.
As far as quitting LG try to hang on I mean how else am I going to be able to see cool streetlights in California?
So lets just go to work!
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #50 on: January 31, 2021, 12:15:24 AM » Author: Bulbman256
So lets just go to work!

Hey jamie,

I can understand what you feel, sometimes the world just seems so worrysome. :-\ Stay strong my man, i would advise for you to try and recover some fo your deleted work here, that can help you out, the mods can help with that. :D Taek care and if you need someone to talk to, people are here. :love:

(I would escape now when Rommie is asleep, she might already be tracking you so be prepared! Take advantage of the slap embargo! :mrg: :lol: )

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #51 on: January 31, 2021, 07:27:12 AM » Author: Rommie
Too right, you're going nowhere  :mrg:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #52 on: February 03, 2021, 08:15:04 PM » Author: CEB1993
I've been feeling a little "off" lately ever since the Christmas season was over. January, February, and March are always kind of "blah" months for me because of the excitement of the holidays being over, the cold and gloomy weather, and the anxiety of a new year full of unknowns (I do think 2021 will be better.)

I'm feeling tired and generally overwhelmed with day-to-day stuff I need to do. I only feel relaxed when I know I have a window of time to take a nap during the day. I seem to be sleeping a lot more than usual. Typically I'm a morning person, but lately I'll sleep till 12 p.m. during the weekends. I'm not sure... I'm really off with my sleep schedule and I feel anxious during the day while I'm awake.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #53 on: March 11, 2021, 07:29:44 PM » Author: CEB1993
I’ve been having some symptoms that might be depression. I’m not sure if it’s depression, but I want to pose the question...

Over the past month I’ve experienced the following:

Overeating and drinking too much leading to some weight gain.

Sleep changes, not being able to fall asleep at night and sleeping in too late in the mornings.

General anxiety and feeling high strung, without any specific cause.

Feeling sad or “down” for no specific reason.

Loss of interest to do things or keep up with events I’m involved with (i.e. sports car clubs, visiting family, taking trips, etc.)

I feel like I want to isolate myself and stay home as much as possible possible nowadays.

Does this sound like depression/anyone who’s had depression in the past dealt with these types of symptoms? Is this worth discussing with a family member or counselor?

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #54 on: March 11, 2021, 07:33:49 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Absolutely, I found that talking with a counsellor helped me a lot, and I was able to turn things round.  :-*

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #55 on: March 14, 2021, 06:11:47 PM » Author: CEB1993
Absolutely, I found that talking with a counsellor helped me a lot, and I was able to turn things round.  :-*

Thanks  :) Talking definitely helps! I haven’t had the same access to counseling as I did when I was off at school, and it definitely made a difference. Repressed emotions have uncanny ways of showing themselves through unconscious actions, dreams, and physical symptoms. I’m ready to unload a lot of emotional baggage due to the Covid situation and all its consequences. The shutdowns and hiring freezes have made my life feel “stuck” when I’m so ready to move forward in a career and begin leading my own life. A lot of my peers and I are in the same frustrating “stuck” phrase. This too shall pass...  :angel:

Stop the lamp bans!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anyone battled or (currently battling) depression? « Reply #56 on: March 14, 2021, 06:13:25 PM » Author: Rommie
This too shall pass...  :angel:
I certainly hope so, I can't take much more of all these [censored] face masks  :'(

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies