Author Topic: Anyone here use Sirius XM Radio?  (Read 3438 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Anyone here use Sirius XM Radio? « Reply #15 on: December 19, 2020, 10:09:30 PM » Author: Cole D.
I liked 80s on 8
90s on 9
Lithium
The Blend
Coffeehouse
Spa
Jazz channels
Watercolor

and maybe some others, it not working at the moment so I can't remember exactly.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone here use Sirius XM Radio? « Reply #16 on: December 22, 2020, 06:46:06 PM » Author: takemorepills
I don't use SiriusXM mostly because the sound quality is not good.

Also, up here in the northern part of USA, the signal is weaker and experiences frequent drop-outs, especially when we drive up around Canadia.

I much prefer using Pandora subscription. For $5 a month I get high quality streaming that I can play using multiple devices, not tethered to one vehicle.

All 3 of our cars have good enough stereos in them that we can tell the SQ difference.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone here use Sirius XM Radio? « Reply #17 on: December 22, 2020, 06:50:44 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I use it in a boombox and i did notice it sounds highly compressed which is disappointing. But since its free for a while at least ill manage. I use it for background music anyway. I'm able to get decent signal where i am in basement level

Administrator #5

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone here use Sirius XM Radio? « Reply #18 on: January 01, 2021, 04:04:14 AM » Author: xelareverse
I had to retrofit the XM reciever out of a Cadillac deville, antenna out of a Pontiac Montana, and head unit out of a grand prix into my Malibu to get it to work how I wanted as if it were factory (these never had it), but it works and I love it. The sound quality through my monsoon system is great and much better over FM, and its worth the $10 per month. So yea, despite all the work it took to make it work, I love it and the music selection.
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone here use Sirius XM Radio? « Reply #19 on: January 10, 2021, 09:40:22 PM » Author: CEB1993
I had to retrofit the XM reciever out of a Cadillac deville, antenna out of a Pontiac Montana, and head unit out of a grand prix into my Malibu to get it to work how I wanted as if it were factory (these never had it), but it works and I love it. The sound quality through my monsoon system is great and much better over FM, and its worth the $10 per month. So yea, despite all the work it took to make it work, I love it and the music selection.

That's awesome Alex! Your Malibu is such a cool car, clearly built with lots of love  :D

My 04' Volkwagen Jetta has a Monsoon stereo. The sound quality and bass richness is just as good as the Harman Kardon stereo in my new '16 Subaru Legacy. I love having a premium stereo, really makes a difference.

Channels 70 and 105, Hallmark and Holly Christmas music respectively are done for the season. I might choose two other classic rock/jazz stations to take their place until next December. Sirius XM is so great! Channel 62 is the Bluegrass channel and they have really uplifting Gospel music each Sunday morning  :)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: Anyone here use Sirius XM Radio? « Reply #20 on: January 11, 2021, 02:06:34 AM » Author: icefoglights
My vehicles came with receivers, but are not active, since Alaska is outside of their coverage area.  However when I'm at home, I do sometimes tune my TV to the select Sirius channels I get over Dish.  In the car, I usually either use radio, my iPod or streaming (Amazon Prime).

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies