Author Topic: Have you ever watch the sunset and sunrise?  (Read 4897 times)
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Have you ever watch the sunset and sunrise? « Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 12:48:14 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
You have LPS lights you can see from the window..? Ah, those were the days...  :a_sox:

We can see mainly HPS and MH from our windows here, although a couple of LED's have recently made an unwelcome appearance, I suspect they will start breeding soon  :(
He has a bunch of LPS lights actually on his house lol

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Have you ever watch the sunset and sunrise? « Reply #16 on: January 07, 2018, 12:57:02 PM » Author: Lodge
You have LPS lights you can see from the window..? Ah, those were the days...  :a_sox:

We can see mainly HPS and MH from our windows here, although a couple of LED's have recently made an unwelcome appearance, I suspect they will start breeding soon  :(

They are mine, so as the sun goes down I get the red color even on overcast days as they power up and I have one out front and one around back, but the city uses HPS with LED's spouting up all over the place, and I guess I'm going to see more of them since they didn't galvanize the light poles and one fell over and hit a moving car, so it hit the media complete with dashcam footage (mainly because the city doesn't want to accept responsibility and pay for the damage it caused, so now they have to pay for the damage to there reputation, and the person will win in court) and I have the exact same poles in my street and they are rusty right around the base, and this year they are using calcium chloride on the roads for the first time in like ten years so this should accelerate the rusting so LED's will be here sooner then I expected, we also got one LED on the other side of the road just a few months ago so they are coming fast..
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 01:18:35 PM by Lodge » Logged
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Have you ever watch the sunset and sunrise? « Reply #17 on: December 02, 2020, 09:22:45 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I've seen both a couple times, usually when the sun rises later in the morning. I'd like to get a sunrise photo with a MV M250R2 with the ocean in the background. That fixture is in Robbinston Maine.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Have you ever watch the sunset and sunrise? « Reply #18 on: December 03, 2020, 12:06:48 AM » Author: Bulbman256
In the summertime the windows at my house display a full view of the backyard and beond and the sunsets are super red-orange  :lps: and pretty although blinding and my parents put up some blinds to stop the sun reflecting off the oven and blinding people. :glow:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Wireman
Re: Have you ever watch the sunset and sunrise? « Reply #19 on: December 03, 2020, 06:58:43 PM » Author: Wireman
I love the south Florida summer sunsets! So many different colors all swirled together, it's just so difficult to describe in words. It's even better if you're at the beach. The nice east breezes finally relieving the heat of the day while listening to the sound of the waves. Then just turn and look west and you'll see a sky of multi-colored cotton candy, it's magic!
Having said that sunrise is a special time of the day too. After all it's a new day with a whole new set of possibilities as the sun breaks the night.

"Mysteries of the night, escape the light of day"
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Have you ever watch the sunset and sunrise? « Reply #20 on: December 03, 2020, 07:10:58 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I do remember watching the sun set before going to work, and then watching it rise as I was about to leave work.  :)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Wireman
Re: Have you ever watch the sunset and sunrise? « Reply #21 on: December 03, 2020, 07:17:47 PM » Author: Wireman
I do remember watching the sun set before going to work, and then watching it rise as I was about to leave work.  :)
They're both nice to see in their own way but I don't think that I could ever get used to a job with those kind of hours.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Have you ever watch the sunset and sunrise? « Reply #22 on: December 03, 2020, 07:22:46 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
They're both nice to see in their own way but I don't think that I could ever get used to a job with those kind of hours.

It was even worse than you think, I was working a three shift rotating pattern.!  :poof:

Week 1 0600 to 1400
Week 2 1400 to 2200
Week 3 2200 to 0600

Now that really messes up your sleep pattern, the only saving grace was every weekend off.

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Wireman
Re: Have you ever watch the sunset and sunrise? « Reply #23 on: December 03, 2020, 07:31:25 PM » Author: Wireman

It was even worse than you think, I was working a three shift rotating pattern.!  :poof:

Week 1 0600 to 1400
Week 2 1400 to 2200
Week 3 2200 to 0600

Now that really messes up your sleep pattern, the only saving grace was every weekend off.
Week 1 I could live with,if it stayed that way but that rotating pattern sounds like some kind of punishment. If you don't mind me asking what kind of job was it?
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Have you ever watch the sunset and sunrise? « Reply #24 on: December 03, 2020, 07:33:45 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I was a civilian contractor for the British Forces Post Office, working in the main sorting depot for Germany.

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Wireman
Re: Have you ever watch the sunset and sunrise? « Reply #25 on: December 03, 2020, 07:41:59 PM » Author: Wireman
I was a civilian contractor for the British Forces Post Office, working in the main sorting depot for Germany.
So you were handling mail for the British military!? Now that's an experience! Is that how you got to see Germany?
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Have you ever watch the sunset and sunrise? « Reply #26 on: December 03, 2020, 07:44:39 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Yes, daddy was transferred to work there, and as I was still living at home I got to go as well.  ;D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Wireman
Re: Have you ever watch the sunset and sunrise? « Reply #27 on: December 03, 2020, 08:01:41 PM » Author: Wireman
Yes, daddy was transferred to work there, and as I was still living at home I got to go as well.  ;D
How I envy you! Germany is tops on my European tour list along with a familiar place called Inverness.
I have also read that the best place to experience a European sunset is France in April.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Have you ever watch the sunset and sunrise? « Reply #28 on: December 10, 2020, 11:28:01 PM » Author: dor123
I used to see the sunset and the sunrise and moonrise, but not the moonset.
Here is picture of the moonrise I captured today:

The moon was giant during the moonrise.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies