Author Topic: Linking a Web Page with accent doesn't work  (Read 957 times)
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Linking a Web Page with accent doesn't work « on: December 28, 2020, 12:59:44 PM » Author: rjluna2
It seems to be have issues with linking a web page with these foreign characters ???

This is a test:
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espejo_parabólico
End of the test.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Linking a Web Page with accent doesn't work « Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 01:29:00 PM » Author: sox35
Use the method I describe here, then you should not have any problems  :bulbman:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, 525@29,970i NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Linking a Web Page with accent doesn't work « Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 01:50:13 PM » Author: Binarix128
Use the method I describe here, then you should not have any problems  :bulbman:
The problem he describes also happens with your method, see here.
My suggestion is to convert the url with foreign characters to normal ASCII ones by using an url shortener like Tinyurl.

LED will never beat other lamps. :inc: :hps: :mv:
Creator of CaptureCommons

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Linking a Web Page with accent doesn't work « Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 02:10:37 PM » Author: sox35
My suggestion is to convert the url with foreign characters to normal ASCII ones by using an url shortener like Tinyurl.
It's an idea, but I'm not a great fan of sites like that, you don't know how much tracking they do  :-\

It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Linking a Web Page with accent doesn't work « Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 02:35:22 PM » Author: Binarix128
It's an idea, but I'm not a great fan of sites like that, you don't know how much tracking they do  :-\
I know, but otherwise you would need to recode the site software to accept foreign characters correctly.  :-\

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

The Christmas Lights Are On, But Is Anybody Home..

GoL ATL
Re: Linking a Web Page with accent doesn't work « Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 02:52:33 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Testing the standard method I use (same as what sox35 uses) Espejo_parabólico
I can't access that website on the PC I'm using right now, but I think it worked...

Forget the lights..just give me a good lightning storm & tornado to go watch...

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Linking a Web Page with accent doesn't work « Reply #6 on: December 28, 2020, 02:53:20 PM » Author: sox35
Yes that works here.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Linking a Web Page with accent doesn't work « Reply #7 on: December 28, 2020, 03:02:45 PM » Author: Binarix128
It works on mobile too. That's weird that it worked to you, the foreign characters are messing up with all the BBcodes in general, sometimes where there are such characters the Bbcode breaks and it's displayed as plain text.

Edit: Also I had an issue uploading a file with the character "í" to the site a long time ago.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 03:05:42 PM by Binarix128 » Logged

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Linking a Web Page with accent doesn't work « Reply #8 on: December 28, 2020, 08:10:01 PM » Author: Patrick
URL encode it. https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espejo_parab%C3%B3lico.  FYI, when I copy and past the URL out of my browser and into a text box, it is automatically URL encoded.  I'm not actually of an easy way to paste it in while retaining the unescaped accented characters.  However, if you need to encode it yourself, you can utilize the try it yourself box on this page.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 08:12:06 PM by Patrick » Logged

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Linking a Web Page with accent doesn't work « Reply #9 on: January 01, 2021, 09:16:59 AM » Author: rjluna2
Thanks, Patrick.

I have added this to my favorite page in case to decode to standard ASCII to paste it here :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines