Author Topic: Where to acquire lights (OV-25 or any similar)  (Read 2308 times)
djthomas
Where to acquire lights (OV-25 or any similar) « on: May 15, 2009, 10:34:41 PM » Author: djthomas
I'm currently in the market for two cobraheads, looking to do an install out in a very large field behind my house.  Right now there's two bucket lights that need to be replaced.  I would love to find a pair of OV-25 Silverliners, but at this point I'm striking out finding any lights on the open market.  I know some folks on here have tons of lights, so I guess my post is twofold.  First, where in the heck do you guys source your lights from, and second, does anybody have a Silverliner they'd be willing to sell?  I don't mind rewiring/ballasting if necessary.
NiMo

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Where to acquire lights (OV-25 or any similar) « Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 02:06:43 AM » Author: NiMo
I'm currently in the market for two cobraheads, looking to do an install out in a very large field behind my house.  Right now there's two bucket lights that need to be replaced.  I would love to find a pair of OV-25 Silverliners, but at this point I'm striking out finding any lights on the open market.  I know some folks on here have tons of lights, so I guess my post is twofold.  First, where in the heck do you guys source your lights from, and second, does anybody have a Silverliner they'd be willing to sell?  I don't mind rewiring/ballasting if necessary.
The one who had a huge pile of OV25s was Pat (AKA Ripper444), but he hasn't posted in quite a while and he said he was going to thin out his collection.  I have four in mine, but I'm keeping them because they're from four different generations.  I wouldn't limit myself to Westinghouse luminaires.

Group Replacement, Baby

djthomas
Re: Where to acquire lights (OV-25 or any similar) « Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 04:03:28 PM » Author: djthomas
The one who had a huge pile of OV25s was Pat (AKA Ripper444), but he hasn't posted in quite a while and he said he was going to thin out his collection.  I have four in mine, but I'm keeping them because they're from four different generations.  I wouldn't limit myself to Westinghouse luminaires.
Thanks.  Maybe we'll be graced with a reappearance of Mr. Ripper sometime.  Like I told my wife when she asked why I wanted to put a "silver something-er" up in the yard you can't beat the classic OV-25 for looks IMHO.  Of course she just rolled her eyes.  I have to admit I've been fascinated with lights since I was old enough to point.  I just recently found this board while trying to figure out what the heck the model name was for the lights I called "cheaters" when I was a little kid.  Why the name you ask?  Well, one summer when I was six or seven none of the lights on my street (mostly M-250s) worked except for a single OV-25 at the corner.  That sucker was a dayburner too and I was convinced that the only reason the other lights didn't work is because that sly looking one was cheating all the others out of electricity.
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Where to acquire lights (OV-25 or any similar) « Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 03:17:46 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Hey there, welcome to Lighting-Gallery.net!  I am one of the admins in this website!

Hey bud I hope you can find what you want, I would be unable to help for the OV-25s unfortunately....

Also I do not believe Pat has em anymore, he only has one for his own......but dude I hope you get what you wish for

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies