Author Topic: Wanted: 2 black screw mount fluorescent lampholders  (Read 1609 times)
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Wanted: 2 black screw mount fluorescent lampholders « on: January 09, 2021, 01:37:32 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
I recently got a 2xF15T8 fluorescent desk lamp with 2 broken lampholders. Does anyone have any similar ones to the ones in this photo that they would be willing to trade? I can post a better photo if you need it.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Wanted: 2 black screw mount fluorescent lampholders « Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 02:57:40 PM » Author: joseph_125
Would this style from Leviton fit? It's a screw on mount but the bottom is pretty bulky compared to yours.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 03:05:09 PM by joseph_125 » Logged
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Wanted: 2 black screw mount fluorescent lampholders « Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 03:45:28 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
Would this style from Leviton fit? It's a screw on mount but the bottom is pretty bulky compared to yours.
No, not only does the bottom have to be as small as the original ones, but the original ones are shorter than troffer lampholders.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Wanted: 2 black screw mount fluorescent lampholders « Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 08:19:18 PM » Author: joseph_125
I see, all of the black fluorescent lampholders I have are similar to the Leviton model I linked on eBay. Are there any Mfg. markings or numbers on the holders? I have a feeling a modern T8 sized holder would work but would look out of place.
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Wanted: 2 black screw mount fluorescent lampholders « Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 11:16:36 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
I see, all of the black fluorescent lampholders I have are similar to the Leviton model I linked on eBay. Are there any Mfg. markings or numbers on the holders? I have a feeling a modern T8 sized holder would work but would look out of place.
The originals say Triboro but I can't find any model number.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Wanted: 2 black screw mount fluorescent lampholders « Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 03:04:15 AM » Author: joseph_125
Looks like it might be No. 649 (pg 7) in this document?

White appears to be the standard colour, but black is still available on a special order basis.
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Wanted: 2 black screw mount fluorescent lampholders « Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 01:13:04 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
Looks like it might be No. 649 (pg 7) in this document?

White appears to be the standard colour, but black is still available on a special order basis.
That looks like it. However, my 2 concerns are: It says they are for T8 lamps, so does that mean they are shunted? Also, it says you need to order a minimum quantity that you have to consult the factory for.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Wanted: 2 black screw mount fluorescent lampholders « Reply #7 on: January 16, 2021, 11:26:47 PM » Author: joseph_125
The T8 more so means that the height of the lampholder only accommodates T8 lamps and doesn't mean it's shunted in this case. As for minimum orders, you'll have to contact them and find out. Semperlite also might have what you're looking for but only in white.
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Wanted: 2 black screw mount fluorescent lampholders « Reply #8 on: January 17, 2021, 02:45:37 AM » Author: Fluorescent05
The T8 more so means that the height of the lampholder only accommodates T8 lamps and doesn't mean it's shunted in this case. As for minimum orders, you'll have to contact them and find out. Semperlite also might have what you're looking for but only in white.
Would eBay have them?

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Wanted: 2 black screw mount fluorescent lampholders « Reply #9 on: January 18, 2021, 02:46:51 AM » Author: joseph_125
I think they might from time to time. Maybe try setting a saved search for "Triboro 649" or "Triboro fluorescent" so you get an email when a listing matching those search terms comes up.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies