Author Topic: What lighting is used at DOT-owned rest areas?  (Read 705 times)
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
What lighting is used at DOT-owned rest areas? « on: January 29, 2021, 12:31:11 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
What lighting is used for rest areas owned by your state's DOT? For me, Holophane Crestwoods, and a bunch of other shoebox and mushroom-type post tops were used for WSDOT's rest areas. A few cobraheads were used here and there. I'd assume they were all HPS. But the LED changeover started in 2017. AEL Autobahn ATBMs started replacing the post tops and the cobraheads. Do you know how they converted the old post tops to LED cobraheads? They simply installed an adaptor. I will show you an example. This is at WSDOT's Sprague Lake Rest Area out near Spokane. Here's what it was before (Holophane Crestwood). Here it is now (AEL Autobahn ATBM).
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 03:00:48 PM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What lighting is used at DOT-owned rest areas? « Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 01:18:17 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I haven't been to a rest stop in a long time, but most had Leotek E-Cobras and Green Cobras from what I remember. And I'd assume GE M-400A (all gens) FCOs, and possibly some AEs during the HPS era. And I think I remember one with post tops that I don't remember the manufacturer of.
Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What lighting is used at DOT-owned rest areas? « Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 07:47:44 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
If the rest stop I was at recently was DOT owned, and I think it was, they used to use OV-15s, one of wtich is my Greenliner, but I think they were installing Leoteks when I was there. But I`m not sure, I was very excited about the Greenliner and didn`t look at the LEDs carefully.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What lighting is used at DOT-owned rest areas? « Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 02:05:05 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Some rest stops have some Holophane post tops and GE M250R2s, most rest stops here now have Affinity lights but the post tops remain HPS.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

alexd120

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What lighting is used at DOT-owned rest areas? « Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 02:49:48 PM » Author: alexd120
90% of their picnic rest areas have been closed here in Texas. The rest areas with the public restrooms are still open all of them have leds

Rapid start ,preheat metal halide mercury vapor and high pressure sodium for life.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: What lighting is used at DOT-owned rest areas? « Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 02:59:50 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I did forget to mention that the WSDOT went rest-stop-style with their lighting on a large section of I-5 in Olympia. They used to have tons of shoebox-style post tops. Now, they have ATBMs with double adaptors.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies