Author Topic: high pressure sodium lamp wired up to US spec pulse start metal halide circuit  (Read 2041 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
high pressure sodium lamp wired up to US spec pulse start metal halide circuit « on: December 29, 2020, 02:52:48 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
When you look at this Spanish language tutorial on how to install a high pressure sodium fixture, notice that there is a superimposed ignitor in the circuit and that the ballast is actually a 400w mercury vapor ballast. This setup will work best for NorthAmerican 400w M135/M155 pulse start metal halide lamps and not the high pressure sodium lamp shown in the video because in most cases, 400w high pressure sodium lamps around the world are rated to run at 100v 4.5a and not 130v 3.25a.

Here is the video:
https://youtu.be/Ji1gjKB8Iyg

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: high pressure sodium lamp wired up to US spec pulse start metal halide circuit « Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 04:09:25 PM » Author: Binarix128
That's actually a Chilean tutorial, which means I can run north American pulse MHs on my European standard using a regular MV or fluorescent ballast and a superimposed ignitor. The tutorial seems a bit sketchy though, he doesn't explains goodly, and the setup looks more like a hacked setup. There are many gears that are stated as MH and HPS compatible here, so I think the current and voltage is somewhere between the optimal for MH and HPS.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies