Author Topic: What i did with my light maybe a year ago?  (Read 1904 times)
KEDER

View Posts
View Gallery

What i did with my light maybe a year ago? « on: June 04, 2009, 02:39:33 AM » Author: KEDER
A long time ago, way before i made the HPS work, we wired it to work with an incandescent. We had a wire plug, and an adapter (to make the big socket it has to fit a regular bulb socket) And a big bright globe light. It lit up fine, and we worked around the wiring (by completely ignoring the ballast, and just connecting the 2 wires that connect to the bulb to the plug, and plugged it in, and it lit up. (the incandescent bulb) I do have a picture from a long time ago when it was wired that way. (the door is closed though, and all you see is the cord) But it did light up that way, but later, WAY later (just did it a few days ago.) my dad looked at the wiring diagram, and wired it right, and we plugged it in, and a surprise hit  me, THE HIGH PRESSURE SODIUM LIT UP! I was excited to seee that light up instead of an old incandescent. Plus, i was looking for a bulb because i thought it was burnt out cause it wouldn't light up before. (cause faulty wiring)
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: What i did with my light maybe a year ago? « Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 02:56:53 AM » Author: lite_lover
That was a pleasant surprise to find out the ballast and HPS lamp were still good!

The brighter the better.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies