Author Topic: You car history  (Read 10158 times)
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You car history « Reply #60 on: February 22, 2021, 03:19:40 PM » Author: Jovan
And that’s the exact point! My Toyota ambulance was in service in the alpine mountains were the roads are covered by snow all the winter long. It was for about 7 years in service for a medical rescue team in St. Moritz and Klosters, a well known ski resort.
I preserve the van a good as possible. The underbody has now a thick coat of special anti fouling wax which helps to keep the aggressive salty water away from the metal frame. 

The Xsara Picasso is a very cheap car. I never had any severe issues with it. It just drives and as long as it has enough Diesel and oil it does its job very well.
That is great.I hate when people have their job car and they treat it like a junk.Yugo has problem with rust,but with proper maintenance and regular washing it won't rust through metal.GV series had much better body and car was made better.By the way have you ever owned Yugo,what are your thoughts and how long it lasted(For US memebers same question  ;D )
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: You car history « Reply #61 on: February 27, 2021, 12:30:22 AM » Author: Cole D.
this is a bronzemist one originally (plasti dipped it a colorshift blue/purple, but I'm changing it back together he original) interior is also beige with the chevy logo embossed in the seats.  What are the chances that it was the same car :wndr:

I doubt it as the transmission was having issues so I bet it isn't on the road anymore. It didn't have any emblems on the seats although on the dashboard, it had a glossy carbon fiber like trim from the factory that looked quite nice. It also had a really nice stereo/CD player with RDS and speed sensitive volume. It sounded better than the system in my new car, IMO. Regular factory stereo systems IMO sound better than the name branded systems that car makers tout such as Bose or in my case Sony branding on the speakers.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Desultory13
Re: You car history « Reply #62 on: March 30, 2021, 07:06:48 PM » Author: Desultory13
While the Pontiac Trans Am is my car of choice and the cause of many bad habits :mrg: I guess I'll just never be able to forget my first car, a blue 1992 Pontiac Sunbird LE (2 door model, I hate 4 door cars!).
I had so much fun with this car and sure wish I didn't have to give "Sunny" up!
It's only drawbacks were that the stereo system was only about a 100db and everytime I would get her up to around 95 mph I'd have to slow down for some reason or another :lol:
Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: You car history « Reply #63 on: March 30, 2021, 07:24:37 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
I used to have the same thing happen on the open road whenever the song: I Can't Drive 55 by Sammy Hagar came on the radio :laugh:

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

Desultory13
Re: You car history « Reply #64 on: March 30, 2021, 07:31:50 PM » Author: Desultory13
I used to have the same thing happen on the open road whenever the song: I Can't Drive 55 by Sammy Hagar came on the radio :laugh:
:lol: That still happens to me these days.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: You car history « Reply #65 on: March 30, 2021, 07:37:40 PM » Author: Rommie
While the Pontiac Trans Am is my car of choice and the cause of many bad habits :mrg:
Now you're just making us jealous, we've always wanted a Trans Am  8)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Desultory13
Re: You car history « Reply #66 on: March 30, 2021, 07:46:17 PM » Author: Desultory13
Now you're just making us jealous, we've always wanted a Trans Am  8)
My "Tranny" is my reason for being! 8)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: You car history « Reply #67 on: March 31, 2021, 02:01:15 PM » Author: suzukir122
Ahh... the Pontiac Trans Am. I *almost* had that car, but at the time, it was way above my price range. I ended up getting the Grand Prix instead.
The Pontiac Trans Am is actually one of my favorite cars.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: You car history « Reply #68 on: March 31, 2021, 03:27:19 PM » Author: Bulbman256
My dad had a 199? grand am when he was at west point, i have a photo of it somewhere. :bulbman:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You car history « Reply #69 on: April 01, 2021, 06:11:52 PM » Author: Jovan
My dad had a 199? grand am when he was at west point, i have a photo of it somewhere. :bulbman:
It would be nice to see that machine :)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies