Author Topic: A historic arctic blast is coming to SE Texas!  (Read 3064 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
A historic arctic blast is coming to SE Texas! « on: February 13, 2021, 01:14:55 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Yep, if you live in SE Texas, be prepared for a very bone chilling temperatures, as low temperatures will be in the single digits and teens. We might get 3" of snow possible. Even though it doesn't snow in SE Texas by a lot, it will be a sight to see snow on the ground!

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: A historic arctic blast is coming to SE Texas! « Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 01:17:58 AM » Author: dor123
It is just a shame that such cold waves don't occurs in Israel too. In this winter, only the short rained days are cold, and the bright days are hotter than the average temperature and dry because of eastern winds.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: A historic arctic blast is coming to SE Texas! « Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 01:22:20 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Hello, its the midwest calling! :lol: Missori is directly above you lot, its Very cold right now, i think parts of kc are having highs below zero f. :DeAtH: :o Turn on some heat lamps and bundle up folks! @-@

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: A historic arctic blast is coming to SE Texas! « Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 04:31:02 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: dor123
It is just a shame that such cold waves don't occurs in Israel too.
You should actually consider yourself lucky .LOL. you really don't want cold like this...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: A historic arctic blast is coming to SE Texas! « Reply #4 on: February 13, 2021, 04:59:32 PM » Author: Binarix128
You guys are lucky you don't have heat waves. In cold days you just keep inside your house, get some coat and probably turn on the heater, but in heat waves if you don't have an AC unit you don't have anywhere to scape. Here almost every day is 28°C and cold days are few in the year. Last time it snowed here was back in 2017.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: A historic arctic blast is coming to SE Texas! « Reply #5 on: February 13, 2021, 05:09:30 PM » Author: Bulbman256
You guys are lucky you don't have heat waves. In cold days you just keep inside your house, get some coat and probably turn on the heater, but in heat waves if you don't have an AC unit you don't have anywhere to scape. Here almost every day is 28°C and cold days are few in the year. Last time it snowed here was back in 2017.

Dude, the midwest is a horrible place to be in the summer. @-@ :poof: :o

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: A historic arctic blast is coming to SE Texas! « Reply #6 on: February 13, 2021, 05:15:44 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah apparently it's one of the rare times where all the provincial capital cites in Canada are below freezing. Usually Victoria, BC remains just slightly above freezing for most of the winter.

My area, like the midwest US gets some nice extremes, during the summer we get heat waves of 28C with humidity so it feels much hotter than 28C. During the winter, when the cold snap hits like right now, the lows get to the -15C range at night.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: A historic arctic blast is coming to SE Texas! « Reply #7 on: February 13, 2021, 06:06:08 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Binarix128
Here almost every day is 28°C
To me 28C (82F) is in the perfect range.
I don't consider it to be hot til its 90F/32C or above. Which is fairly common mid summer. (We do get heat-waves on occasion too where it can make it to around 100F/37C)

But along with that, the fact must also be stated that the humidity here is also normally low - below 20%, so that makes a big difference...(can even drop below 10% on occasion in the summer

I'd personally take a 100F/37C over 0F/-17C anytime! .lol.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: A historic arctic blast is coming to SE Texas! « Reply #8 on: February 13, 2021, 06:11:18 PM » Author: AngryHorse
We got, The Beast From The East in the UK in 2018, where temperatures plummeted to -14 in some places, this was its effect on one of the cars at work!!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: A historic arctic blast is coming to SE Texas! « Reply #9 on: February 13, 2021, 06:19:41 PM » Author: Rommie
We got The Beast From The East in the UK in 2018, where temperatures plummeted to -14 in some places
Eeeek, I remember that  :poof:

Don't think it got quite that cold here, but it was still cold enough  @-@

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: A historic arctic blast is coming to SE Texas! « Reply #10 on: February 13, 2021, 06:21:44 PM » Author: Bulbman256
We got, The Beast From The East in the UK in 2018, where temperatures plummeted to -14 in some places, this was its effect on one of the cars at work!!

Thats just a normal winter tuesday around here! :lol:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: A historic arctic blast is coming to SE Texas! « Reply #11 on: February 13, 2021, 08:31:18 PM » Author: CEB1993
I have family who lives in Texas and it’s going to be single digits Fahrenheit there! I’ll have to ask if their pool freezes over  8) You know it’s strange weather if Texas is colder than South Carolina.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: A historic arctic blast is coming to SE Texas! « Reply #12 on: February 15, 2021, 04:49:44 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Hey guys!

Its Very cold over here, -3F and snowy, there might be rolling blackouts so i may not be able to communicate. Staying bundled up, keep safe lads. :D

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: A historic arctic blast is coming to SE Texas! « Reply #13 on: February 15, 2021, 05:00:22 PM » Author: Rommie
Hey guys!

Its Very cold over here, -3F and snowy, there might be rolling blackouts so i may not be able to communicate. Staying bundled up, keep safe lads.
:D
Hey, what about us lasses..?  :P

Do I have to issue a s-l-a-p  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: A historic arctic blast is coming to SE Texas! « Reply #14 on: February 15, 2021, 06:17:32 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Hey, what about us lasses..?  :P

Do I have to issue a s-l-a-p  :mrg:

Oops my bad. :-[ Hope everybody stays safe. :love:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies