Author Topic: F96T12 fixture coming to me!  (Read 1953 times)
Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

F96T12 fixture coming to me! « on: April 27, 2011, 07:45:39 PM » Author: Powell
I have to pick it up Friday.  It can be with the 2 bulbs side by side or inline...as 2 fixtures with one ballast. I hope it fits in the radio building for my ham gear out back. Then I have to chose what lamps to use. I'm looking at Triton 50 bulbs.

OK.....if I don't get the Triton 50 lamps what would you suggest. NO 60 watters if I can and no low mercury...... 

Powell
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 04:17:47 PM by Powell » Logged

NNNN!

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: F96T12 fixture coming to me! « Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 01:48:48 PM » Author: DieselNut
NO 60 watt crap for sure!!  I have some Chroma 50 lamps and they are kinda dim, lumen wise, but excellent CRI.

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F96T12 fixture coming to me! « Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 11:07:03 PM » Author: Powell
I have not ONE but TWO fixtures....one is in the box. They actually are 2 fixtures each with ONE F96T12 and one ballast. I did not get bubs....( bulbs) as we say in the south. Even in Columbia, SC the 3 places I went only had Daylight or [shudder]  Cool White. I asked them each for F96T12CG. I got the reply "What's THAT??" 

I did however get 2 40 watt Sylvania D865 NON watt saver bulbs and 2 SERVICE Long Life 40 watt Natural Lite. Those I think are 5900 Kelvin and they are pretty bright. The D865 phosphor coatings were not as uniform looking. Sloppy.

At the REstore...nothing I needed. Lots of HO some 60's that were black ended Westinghouse. Some short single pin lamps, and NO fixtures of interest. But being 50 some miles from there keeps me from going very often.

I think I can get some Chroma 50 or Sylvania Design 50 at Lowes.

At the radio station one of my fixtures in the control room has 2 Eco Chroma 50's in the middle and 2 Design 50's in the outer 2 and the Design 50's were brighter even when I put the Chroma 50's in new, and now they really are brighter. The Eco Design 50's have lost some output...but with 8 lamps in the control room ( and it's small) that's plenty bright.

Powell

NNNN!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies