Author Topic: Running HPI-T lamps on CWA ballasts?  (Read 726 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Running HPI-T lamps on CWA ballasts? « on: February 21, 2021, 09:06:00 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After knowing that both Philips HPI-T and some high pressure sodium retrofit lamps have neon argon penning mixtures in their arc tubes, I know that penning high pressure sodium retrofit lamps for mercury vapor ballasts can damage CWA ballasts. I wonder if using a Philips HPI-T lamp on a CWA ballast will also cause ballast damage too?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Running HPI-T lamps on CWA ballasts? « Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 01:37:21 AM » Author: dor123
The Philips HPI-T isn't intended to be run on CWA ballast.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Running HPI-T lamps on CWA ballasts? « Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 02:12:17 AM » Author: Medved
I don't think you may ever damage the CWA ballast by any lamp.
But you may damage a lamp by the CWA ballast, if ir is not designed for it and runs e.g. into a tyermal runaway mode.
Maybe if the ballast is already dying with weak insulation, a lamp with internal ignitor generating elevated voltage spikes may "finish up" the ballast faster, but that ballast was already dying in the first place, so to me that does not count as a "lamp damaging the ballast" case.

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies