Author Topic: U-Bent low pressure sodium lamps  (Read 619 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
U-Bent low pressure sodium lamps « on: March 01, 2021, 12:39:35 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I wonder how a low pressure sodium lamp would perform if it took the exact shape as a North American FB40T12U3 or FB40T12U6 fluorescent tube commonly found in 2x2 lay in troffers? For example, how would an Osram Na-T 200W/3 low pressure sodium lamp would behave if it looked like these u-bent fluorescent tubes mentioned above?

What would be the advantages of achieving such a design?

What would be the disadvantages of achieving such a design?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: U-Bent low pressure sodium lamps « Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 02:02:59 AM » Author: Medved
Too complex to make, plus larger outer surface means larger heat losses so lower efficacy.
And it would go against the intention to keep the already big lamps not getting even bigger...
The simple cylinder outer and tge tight arc tube bend make the thing as compact as possible...

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies