Author Topic: GE Cinema Linear Fluorescents  (Read 1913 times)
Lumalux

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex's World of Christmas Lights!

GE Cinema Linear Fluorescents « on: May 21, 2010, 10:41:11 PM » Author: Lumalux
Does anyone have any experience with any of the GE Cinema fluorescent lamps?  They come in 3200K and 5500K color temperatures and have very high CRIs (around 90).  They are used for film and television.

They are very expensive from the VERY FEW sources I've found.

Common sizes are F20T12, F40T12, and F32T8.  They also come in HO versions.

I would love to try the 3200K lamps.  When I first saw a Reveal CFL, I thought that the phosphor might be similar to that but it turns out that the temp and CRI are both lower for the Reveal.
Luminaire

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Cinema Linear Fluorescents « Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 01:06:00 AM » Author: Luminaire
Does anyone have any experience with any of the GE Cinema fluorescent lamps?  They come in 3200K and 5500K color temperatures and have very high CRIs (around 90).  They are used for film and television.
Never heard of it, but GE has a page:
http://www.gelighting.com/na/business_lighting/education_resources/literature_library/product_brochures/specialty/downloads/stage_studio/81571_cinema_fluorescent.pdf

It seems like they don't make traditional spec ones, like 40W F40T12, even though the one pictured in pamphlet is one, it isn't in the spec table.  The sell sheet says they're designed specifically for photographic film.  Since cool white lamps are very well understood, I think you're better off using cool white lamps with fluorescent filter. 

They are very expensive from the VERY FEW sources I've found.

Common sizes are F20T12, F40T12, and F32T8.  They also come in HO versions.

I would love to try the 3200K lamps.  When I first saw a Reveal CFL, I thought that the phosphor might be similar to that but it turns out that the temp and CRI are both lower for the Reveal.

Home Depot has some kind of 5500K "full spectrum" CFL and I think you can find Ott-Lite CFL at Kroger.  You could also look at Havells-SLI Excella(5850K, 91CRI) or Interlectic Tru-Lite(5720K, 92CRI). 

They're both wide spectrum lamps last I checked. 
Lumalux

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex's World of Christmas Lights!

Re: GE Cinema Linear Fluorescents « Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 09:25:32 AM » Author: Lumalux
Luminaire, I was interested specifically in the Cinema 3200 lamps because they are lower temp, high CRI lamps.  There are a lot more high temp, high CRI options available, like the examples you cited.
Luminaire

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Cinema Linear Fluorescents « Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 01:36:58 PM » Author: Luminaire
Luminaire, I was interested specifically in the Cinema 3200 lamps because they are lower temp, high CRI lamps.  There are a lot more high temp, high CRI options available, like the examples you cited.

What about the 3,000K CRI 95 Philips TL930?  The 17W and 25W are discontinued, but they should still be available from remaining inventory.

The 32W 48"  is still around, but shipping is an issue if you're going to have it shipped. 
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies