Author Topic: Embedded pictures are too small  (Read 796 times)
sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Embedded pictures are too small « Reply #15 on: March 13, 2021, 02:13:22 PM » Author: sox35
I still think that embedding several images this way is unnecessary. The quality of most of the pictures uploaded to this site are fine, I would rather just look at one image at a time than several one after the other like this. How important is image quality anyway when you're just looking at a photo of a lamp or fixture..? It's not as if we're a photographic website. As long as the details can be seen once the images are clicked on and zoomed in, they're fine with me.

I'll shut up now.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

Max

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Embedded pictures are too small « Reply #16 on: March 13, 2021, 02:16:51 PM » Author: Max
Ria, please don't try to impose your views on everyone because some members here are too lazy to do embedding right (i.e., posting way too large images, or adding completely unnecessary details to their posts). As I pointed out earlier, with case in point, embedding can be indeed really useful when done right. Besides, nobody forces you to look at posts with embedded images if you don't like this ;-)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Bodger extraordinaire - When in doubt, bodge.!

Re: Embedded pictures are too small « Reply #17 on: March 13, 2021, 02:28:13 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Personally I didn't realise that you could embed images in the descriptions, it never even occurred to me to do it. If I want to upload multiple images without making a collage then I make multiple uploads.

Ria is not imposing her views on this matter. She has stated her personal preference to how things are done. That is all.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

Max

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Embedded pictures are too small « Reply #18 on: March 13, 2021, 02:39:28 PM » Author: Max
I'm sorry to state the obvious, but stating one's view repeatedly without considering other's arguments is indeed an intention to impose that view.

Back on the original subject, there are situations where posting images in separate posts is the best solution and other situations where it is best to embed pictures so as to illustrate (and not to break) a storyline. Both cases have their uses and merits and it would be damaging to this site to prevent people from using all options available because some members don't like X, Y or Z.
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Embedded pictures are too small « Reply #19 on: March 13, 2021, 06:04:32 PM » Author: Patrick
Currently images will be limited to 800 pixels in width.  If the screen is narrower than that, then the image may use up to 95% of the available width (it can no longer extend off the screen).  You may now use the [ center ] tag to center an image or text.  If this is still not sufficient, what Max did by linking is a good solution.  I don't think it's silly, and it's how both the gallery and forum handle large uploaded images.

If images still look as small as they did before my change today, try clearing your browser cache.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 06:07:39 PM by Patrick » Logged

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Max

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Embedded pictures are too small « Reply #20 on: March 13, 2021, 07:53:08 PM » Author: Max
Thank you Patrick, that's great that embedded pictures can now be centered! Also, I agree with the 800 pixel width limitation, that's good enough. People can certainly use links to external image hosting sites if they want to show larger pictures without creating a mess on LG pages.
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Embedded pictures are too small « Reply #21 on: March 15, 2021, 07:35:31 AM » Author: rjluna2
Thanks, Patrick.  I can certainly use the center tag if I want to embed image on the description field :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Daniel f

View Posts
View Gallery

in my house is not used led and if I can avoid it

Re: Embedded pictures are too small « Reply #22 on: April 10, 2021, 09:57:33 PM » Author: Daniel f
I respect each one what he likes the most!  for my part I am not going to make collages.  I like to see my bulbs from various points of view, in a collage it does not have enough resolution to demonstrate the full potential of the lamp.  Of course it is my opinion and although it is not prohibited I will continue with several photos of the same lamp to better see some details.  I hope that it does not seem bad to anyone, my intention is not to move photos below the column of other members.  that's why I no longer upload photos to the place.  I have many more interesting lamps to post.  but it seems to be a bummer lately so many photos so i upload them to my instagram. :-\
sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Embedded pictures are too small « Reply #23 on: April 11, 2021, 08:31:28 AM » Author: sox35
Hi Daniel, we certainly appreciate and understand your point of view. As long as you keep the number of uploads of a single lamp to a minimum, that's fine. The issue we have is when the [img] tag system is used to post as many as eight images in a single upload, which is excessive and effectively defeats the daily upload limit.

So keep posting those wonderful old lamps of yours, ok..?  :love:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

Daniel f

View Posts
View Gallery

in my house is not used led and if I can avoid it

Re: Embedded pictures are too small « Reply #24 on: April 11, 2021, 09:07:38 AM » Author: Daniel f
Sounds perfect to me, so soon I will start uploading centennial light bulbs to the place.  I will try to raise as little as possible of each bulb. :)
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Embedded pictures are too small « Reply #25 on: April 18, 2021, 02:43:35 PM » Author: Patrick
I've made some further adjustments to the handling of bbcode embedded images.  They will now be smaller initially, no more than 320x240.  However, you will also have the ability to enlarge them to full size on click.  Simply click to zoom in, and click again to zoom back out.  No need to create a hyperlink or anything yourself, all images with the img tag will get this functionality automatically.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines