Author Topic: Who uses Philips/Signify RoadFocus?  (Read 1697 times)
M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Who uses Philips/Signify RoadFocus? « on: March 28, 2021, 05:25:03 PM » Author: M250R201SA
As a truck driver, I have yet to go somewhere where anyone is using the RoadFocus.  Or maybe I’m blind, but I haven’t seen any.  Do any of your utilities/DOTs use them?

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: Who uses Philips/Signify RoadFocus? « Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 07:25:01 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
As a truck driver, I have yet to go somewhere where anyone is using the RoadFocus.  Or maybe I’m blind, but I haven’t seen any.  Do any of your utilities/DOTs use them?

The Hingham Mass. municipal electric utility (a Boston suburb) installed about 2,500 RoadFocus fixtures during 2017 and there have been extremely few failures and the color appearance of any of them has not drifted. The management is nonetheless very happy with these lights and Philips honors their 10-year pro-rata warranty for those that get brought in as defective. :led2:

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who uses Philips/Signify RoadFocus? « Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 07:25:05 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
There’s some in NH in towns that converted early on. Methuen and Hingham Massachusetts also have them.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Who uses Philips/Signify RoadFocus? « Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 07:28:01 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Have you been to Washington State? There are plenty of them here.
I know WSDOT and ODOT (Oregon) use them. There are a whole bunch of them in Eastern Washington/Western Idaho. The city of Escondido, California has them. Queens in New York also have a bunch of them.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who uses Philips/Signify RoadFocus? « Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 08:08:35 PM » Author: High Intensity
San Jose, Sunnyvale, and Cupertino have a lot of them, the color of a few have drifted (particularly in San Jose, where some fixtures were installed in 2015), but to date, I've only ever seen two fail.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Who uses Philips/Signify RoadFocus? « Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 06:15:48 PM » Author: Econolite03
I know UDOT in Utah uses a-lot of the white RFLs and grey RFMs across that state. Prior to Roadfocus, they used Hadco RX2s.
The Cooper OVX

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who uses Philips/Signify RoadFocus? « Reply #6 on: June 29, 2021, 11:27:32 AM » Author: The Cooper OVX
HydroOttawa should use it but they love Leotek too much.

Common HPS fixture in many cities. slowly being phased out.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Who uses Philips/Signify RoadFocus? « Reply #7 on: June 29, 2021, 01:36:54 PM » Author: joseph_125
Interestingly on the webpage for the Roadfocus, there's a aerial photo of the Gardiner Expressway in Toronto that shows a 250w HPS AEL 125 and some 150w MH Cooper URB gumballs.

Years ago AEL did a similar thing on their webpage for the 125, it showed a road with GE M-250R2 FCO luminaires instead. 
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies