Author Topic: SCE poles with HPS in Cities that own the lights and converted to LED  (Read 695 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

SCE poles with HPS in Cities that own the lights and converted to LED « on: March 30, 2021, 11:05:33 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
I've noticed that in cities such as Huntington Beach that own their streetlights that only the concrete poles have LEDs and the utility poles still have HPS. Is it because the city never purchased the lights on the wood poles or is it because SCE didn't want anything besides GE or AEL on their grid?

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: SCE poles with HPS in Cities that own the lights and converted to LED « Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 11:14:19 AM » Author: Econolite03
The city just bought out the concrete poles, but SCE still owns the ones on utility poles as it's on their poles. HB also contracted with Siemens to maintain the now city-owned concrete poles and uses Leotek, meanwhile the SCE ones are still HPS as HB has not applied to have SCE upgrade their lights to LEDs yet.

Now on Linktree

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: SCE poles with HPS in Cities that own the lights and converted to LED « Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 11:22:18 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
The city just bought out the concrete poles, but SCE still owns the ones on utility poles as it's on their poles. HB also contracted with Siemens to maintain the now city-owned concrete poles and uses Leotek, meanwhile the SCE ones are still HPS as HB has not applied to have SCE upgrade their lights to LEDs yet.
I see, Siemens has also done conversions here too. So most likely the HPS that remains on the wood poles will just be Devolved in the future as they burn out? I also noticed some remaining HPS and even MV on some concrete poles in HB.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: SCE poles with HPS in Cities that own the lights and converted to LED « Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 11:28:31 AM » Author: Econolite03
SCE still relamps and repairs their HPS fixtures, and likely installs OVHs for spot replacements. It will remain this way unless the city takes action and applies for SCE's LED program. The concrete MV poles you mentioned I'm not too sure about though.

Now on Linktree

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: SCE poles with HPS in Cities that own the lights and converted to LED « Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 11:31:21 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
SCE still relamps and repairs their HPS fixtures, and likely installs OVHs for spot replacements. It will remain this way unless the city takes action and applies for SCE's LED program. The concrete MV poles you mentioned I'm not too sure about though.
Oh I thought SCE went LED already. :-[
I think they install OVZs now, Unitil seems to do the same now. I wonder what will happen to the remaining HPS in HB. I'm not sure if they were MV or not, they were M250As without NEMA tags so it made me think that they are MV.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: SCE poles with HPS in Cities that own the lights and converted to LED « Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 11:35:38 AM » Author: Econolite03
I think I saw one of those next to their beach, I think those are city owned lights (prehaps wired in series?) that were not converted.

Now on Linktree

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: SCE poles with HPS in Cities that own the lights and converted to LED « Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 11:38:21 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
I think I saw one of those next to their beach, I think those are city owned lights (prehaps wired in series?) that were not converted.
They were city owned Evolves near the beach? Were they just leftovers that they forgot about? They're probably not series.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: SCE poles with HPS in Cities that own the lights and converted to LED « Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 11:41:02 AM » Author: Econolite03
They were GE M-250As on a concrete pole at the beach, HB uses only Leotek for the LEDs.

Now on Linktree

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: SCE poles with HPS in Cities that own the lights and converted to LED « Reply #8 on: March 30, 2021, 11:42:36 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
They were GE M-250As on a concrete pole at the beach, HB uses only Leotek for the LEDs.
Hopefully they weren't MV, the Evolves must've been installed by SCE then because I know they only use Leotek.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: SCE poles with HPS in Cities that own the lights and converted to LED « Reply #9 on: March 30, 2021, 11:47:20 AM » Author: Econolite03
Hmmmmm, the M-250As I mentioned are on a different style of pole that is different from the traditional Marblelites poles that are city owned (formerly SCE). Are you sure it's HB? Seal Beach (next door) just completed a massive LED conversion done by SCE with Evolves.

Now on Linktree

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: SCE poles with HPS in Cities that own the lights and converted to LED « Reply #10 on: March 30, 2021, 11:51:35 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Hmmmmm, the M-250As I mentioned are on a different style of pole that is different from the traditional Marblelites poles that are city owned (formerly SCE). Are you sure it's HB? Seal Beach (next door) just completed a massive LED conversion done by SCE with Evolves.
I didn't see any Evolves near any of the HB beaches, I did see some SL3S installs in the parking lot with a Leotek spot replacement there. I thought you were saying you saw a GE Evolve near a beach in HB.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: SCE poles with HPS in Cities that own the lights and converted to LED « Reply #11 on: March 30, 2021, 11:56:40 AM » Author: Econolite03
I didn't see any Evolves near any of the HB beaches, I did see some SL3S installs in the parking lot with a Leotek spot replacement there. I thought you were saying you saw a GE Evolve near a beach in HB.
HB is 100% Evolve free. The M-250A was actually a early M-250R1 located on PCH and Brookhurst in HB. Looks potentially MV.

Now on Linktree

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: SCE poles with HPS in Cities that own the lights and converted to LED « Reply #12 on: March 30, 2021, 12:01:11 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
HB is 100% Evolve free. The M-250A was actually a early M-250R1 located on PCH and Brookhurst in HB. Looks potentially MV.
Must've been Seal Beach then with the Evolve. Nice! I saw some older poles with some Hubbell RMGs and M250As, they look like the poles that originally held OV20s.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies