Author Topic: Memorable achievements  (Read 2664 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Memorable achievements « Reply #15 on: April 04, 2021, 12:25:20 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I was thinking back on the things I've achieved in my life, and flying a glider solo must rate right up at the top.  8) Second only to getting married to Ria.  :-* :love:
It took me a long time to get there and the primary training was in a in a Sedbergh T.21 with the two seats side by side.
The secondary training and the glider I flew solo was in a Kirby cadet Mk.3  :'-) The solo flight was just a single circuit and couldn't have lasted more than a few minutes, but it was wonderful :love:
These types of glider were used from 1950 right up until just after I flew solo in 1984.
:poof:
What reminded me about it, though it's something you never really forget,  is the other day I found the little  pilot's wings badge that I got with my licence.  8)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 01:08:01 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies