Author Topic: Embarrassing Things YOU Did When You Were A Kid  (Read 1080 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Embarrassing Things YOU Did When You Were A Kid « on: April 08, 2021, 06:47:43 PM » Author: suzukir122
Ok, depression continues to grow for me, so I'm creating a thread topic for entertainment. Embarrassing things YOU did as a kid. What are some of your most
embarrassing moments as a kid? I'm talking moments where you look back and think..., "Why did I do that?" Or... "Why in the HECK did I think that was cool?"

Here's some of mine:

- When I was in elementary school, things fascinated me easily. That, and I was one to follow the crowd to get attention. I was also... a class clown.
Yup. You read that right. I was an attention seeker, not caring whether the teacher was pissed at me for not paying attention in class. Etc. This was
also around the time I was REALLLLLLYYY interested in Rapid Start fluorescent fixtures... start ups and EOLs.
Anyways... the bell rang and it was time to leave/walk out the front door. This was during 5th grade for me, so I was upstairs in a classroom that
was not too far from the main entrance. I walked out the classroom and noticed several of my friends ahead of me. Three of them were wearing saggy pants.
Really, really saggy pants. Butt pockets close to the ground.
Not knowing what it meant, I thought to myself that it looked cool. So I... followed the trend. Like an IDIOT. But I was a kid, so I knew no better.
That trend continued on unfortunately for a while until I was a junior in High School. That's when maturity began... very slowly... setting in.

- Another elementary school moment... 2nd grade, around the time I discovered my first ever EOL show and got scared during class. Every morning before
class started, the principal would play either Whitney Houston's "Star Spangled Banner," or Ray Charles's "America The Beautiful," through the intercom
system. (I'm guessing it was some kind of cassette tape.) Whenever the principal played "America The Beautiful," I would mouth off the words and wiggle
back and forth in my chair as if I was Ray Charles. I really don't know why I did that, at all, but everyone around me laughed. Including the teacher.

- Grocery shopping with family... around 2nd grade again. Shop N Save and Schnucks grocery store... that's where I would wear sunglasses and run,
stomping my feet as fast as I could. :-\ Why. Just... why. I still don't have an explanation for that one.
Anyways, that's only some of my embarrassing kid moments. I've got more, and it's hilarious.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Embarrassing Things YOU Did When You Were A Kid « Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 09:53:38 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
You mean I'm not the only one who did ( and still does ) the Ray Charles impersonations???  :lol:

My "thing" is more STUPID than embarrassing .  When I was in either 7th or 8th grade , me and a friend of mine came up with the great idea of playing Tarzan using the rope on the flagpole in front of the school . The flagpole was located about 10-15 feet from the side of the building on sloped ground with a 8' concrete retaining wall at the lower part with the sidewalk and street at the base of the retaining wall. WELL , we'd wrap a hand in the rope and run towards the street and swing out past the retaining wall at a height of at least 15-20 ft. off the ground !!  :poof: The biggest problem was the return trip back towards the flag pole and brick building . The idea was to try and rotate your self so you'd be pointing forward so you could use your feet to stop yourself! More than once did one of us return pointing backwards and crash either into the 10" aluminum flagpole or brick wall ! OUCH !! A couple of times someone lost grip of the rope but fortunately never over the street or sidewalk . We did , however, wind up in the office MANY times getting stern lectures from the principal .

I'm amazed none of us actually got seriously hurt ! Nothing more than some bumps and bruises .  :o

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Embarrassing Things YOU Did When You Were A Kid « Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 10:45:17 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Wide-lite 1000, stupid does also count. In a way, stupidity leads to embarrassment. Hitting that brick wall while others watched... yep,
that's embarrassing. At least, it would be for me lol
Here's another one, but this one is a bit milder, and around 5th or maybe 6th grade:

-One of my neighbors was a motorcycle rider. I'm guessing maybe he worked at a motorcycle store of some kind, because he was always on
different motorcycles, when returning or leaving home. All of them were hyper sport bikes, and in the "liter" bike class, so at or above 1000cc.
So at times, I'd see him leaving home, very, very fast. As a kid, I was impressed, but also jealous.
Two friends of mine who were also neighbors, were outside hanging out across the street from the motorcycle riders house. I could hear them from
my bedroom, looked outside my window, and then decided to join.
For some odd reason, I remember having an argument with one of them, claiming that I could reach speeds of 60mph on my bicycle. I was obviously the
leader of that argument... and I was loud. A little afterwards, my neighbor opened up his garage door. As soon as his garage door finished opening,
my attention was 100% on him and not my friends when I held my hand high, balled my fist and yelled, "I FEEL THE NEED, THE NEED FOR SPEED."
Keep in mind, this is a 5th grader that just screamed that, with no voice change... so my voice was really high pitched, and weak.
I could hear him laughing in his garage, followed by the feeling of my face turning red with embarrassment. I don't even remember what else happened
after that.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Embarrassing Things YOU Did When You Were A Kid « Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 10:59:38 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: Embarrassing Things YOU Did When You Were A Kid « Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 11:19:01 PM » Author: desktoptrashcan
When I was 8-10 years old, I had a scootering accident. I was at my aunt’s house, and decided to take my scooter down the road that was nearby. Keep in mind that this road was at a sharp decline of at least 25 degrees. I rode my scooter down almost the whole way, going almost 15-20 mph. I then started to come up on a barrier at the end of the road. Being the kid I was, instead of using the foot brake, I jumped off of the scooter instead. I hit the pavement at probably close to 20 mph. I got scrapes on my elbows, knees, near my eyebrows, and more. Good thing I was wearing my helmet, because if I wasn’t, I likely wouldn’t be here today to tell the tale.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Embarrassing Things YOU Did When You Were A Kid « Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 12:11:02 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Desktoptrashcan, well, I've got a story kinda similar to that, but my accident was with my bicycle. My parents would NEVER, EVER, EVERR allow me
to own a two wheeled motor vehicle. Not even a scooter. And from how I rode that bicycle, I don't blame them at all.
This was bad.
- 5th/6th grade again... another day, another attempt to impress the motorcycle riding neighbor.
The road passing his house was very steep. On this street, he would test launch a few of his motorcycles... dangerously fast... up that steep road.
Steep rode + gravity = speed, so I took full advantage of that steep road, and tried to go as fast as I could on that bicycle. Highest gear. Downhill.
I pedaled, and pedaled, and pedaled, AND PEDALED, AND PEDALED, AND PEDALE-- foot slipped, followed by the other foot. So now I was uncontrollably
rolling down that steep road while frantically trying to brake, with "duck feet," scraping the ground in an effort to stop. I ended up doing the
inevitable "bicycle wobble dance," before slightly going over the handle bars, and plummeting on the cement ground. All in the middle of the road,
right in front of motorcycle riders home, WITH his garage door opened. I remember quickly getting on my feet and surveying the damage. The bicycle
was fine, but my pants weren't. I ripped my pant leg so bad that my underwear was showing. I also scraped my knee leaving a permanent mark that
I can still see up to this day. I think that might've actually been the last attempt at trying to impress that neighbor. haha... when his garage
was opened, it meant he was in the garage, so he more than likely saw that crash.  :'-)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 04:14:23 AM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Embarrassing Things YOU Did When You Were A Kid « Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 01:16:01 AM » Author: Econolite03
Pretty much everything I did as a youngster was embarrassing, too much for me to count.
 ::)
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Embarrassing Things YOU Did When You Were A Kid « Reply #7 on: April 09, 2021, 02:52:40 AM » Author: Medved
Not knowing what it meant, I thought to myself that it looked cool. So I... followed the trend.

I think neither they knew. And wore i because they saw it elsewhere and thought it was cool.

By the way what exactly did saggy pants meant? Just curious, have seen it on the youth in the past but considered it just as a kind of "just be different than adults and annoying" youth rebellious thing everybody went through in that age, but you describe it as it would have some deep bad meaning.

No more selfballasted c***

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Embarrassing Things YOU Did When You Were A Kid « Reply #8 on: April 09, 2021, 08:16:54 AM » Author: High Intensity
Around 7 or 8 years ago, my younger brother and I were riding an old kiddie wagon down a grassy hill just outside a playground, with this wagon, both seats faced each other. Now I was riding in the back seat, so I could see what was ahead of us while my brother could only see what was behind us. Now we kept riding down this same hill when, for some reason, the wagon swerved off of the path it was rolling down and straight for a tree. I started to panic while my brother was oblivious to our impending crash, and before I could make up my mind, we crashed into the tree, and I was thrown at my younger brother. We had garnered the attention of every kid in the playground, who were now staring at us while we recuperated and did the walk of shame out of sight. Thankfully, my brother and I only suffered minor bumps and bruises, but the wagon did not handle the crash well, as one of the front wheels was damaged and would now scrape against the body of the wagon if any weight was put in it.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Embarrassing Things YOU Did When You Were A Kid « Reply #9 on: April 09, 2021, 01:18:58 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Medved, saggy pants... I won't go into detail in terms of the meaning. It's bad. But like I said, as a kid, I knew no better. I was
simply following trends and trying to be the cool kid.

Another embarrassing kid moment... this one was in 3rd grade.

- We finished watching a movie, and we were gathering our stuff to get ready to form a line towards the door and leave the classroom. Those
cheddar Ruffles wavy potato chips that I ate during the movie weren't really setting in so well. We got up and formed the line, one by one. I was
at the back of the line. I needed to puke. I sat there and tried to suppress it but it was out of my control. Oh no, gotta go tell the teacher.
Mrs. Ragland was standing at the door supervising everyone making sure everyone stayed in line. I walked up to her as she was preparing to yell at me.
I then remember saying, "Uh, Mrs. Ragland? I gotta go to th-- BLUUUUUHHHH!!!" I projectile vomited on the floor, mid sentence, splashing everywhere.
Everyone yelled "Ewwwwwwww!" with some added screams. Mrs. Ragland quickly opened the door and yelled "GO, GO, GO!" I dropped all my stuff and ran
to the restroom.
Yeah, that's one for the embarrassing history books.
Dang, @High Intensity, your moment is embarrassing too. Especially that classic "walk of shame."  :lol: Ouch man... ouch

Interests:

Desultory13
Re: Embarrassing Things YOU Did When You Were A Kid « Reply #10 on: April 09, 2021, 02:50:26 PM » Author: Desultory13
I really can't post on this topic because as a teenager some of the things my friends and I did could have caused a person to get hurt, expelled, arrested, possibly even deported.
To put it another way I don't want anyone trying these things at home.
We weren't bad kids, just stupid ones and it was only rock n roll!
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Embarrassing Things YOU Did When You Were A Kid « Reply #11 on: April 09, 2021, 03:51:39 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Desultory, but it's *embarrassing* moments, not necessarily bad/troublesome moments. So I don't mean moments that caused you to get arrested,
thrown in jail, or anything relevant to that.

I've got two embarrassing moments that involved lighting, that I want to share. Both of which took place at school, and one of which involved
lighting that I owned and brought to school. I'll post that one when I've got more time lol

Interests:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Embarrassing Things YOU Did When You Were A Kid « Reply #12 on: April 09, 2021, 05:24:19 PM » Author: CEB1993
I was a bit of a rascal at times as a child  :lol:

Let’s see, the one of the most embarrassing thing I’ve done as a kid was rather funny for me, but mortifying for my parents. My brother and I were at the swimming pool and I blurted out that my brother was “wearing a thong!” in the pool. It was hysterical  :laugh:

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies