Author Topic: Louvered Fluorescents  (Read 961 times)
k8stack

View Posts
View Gallery

Louvered Fluorescents « on: October 22, 2021, 11:52:35 AM » Author: k8stack
Hi all,

I'm doing a Broadway play called Skeleton Crew, and we're looking to buy some 1950s-1960s era louvered fluorescent fixtures. Your amazing site is the only place I can find any information about these lights (which I have absolutely fallen in love with during the course of my research).

I'm wondering if anyone here has any leads on where I could find five or more 4 foot fixtures that look like these, ideally with two lamps:

https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5505&pos=26&pid=177166

I have a very healthy budget to purchase these, and would happily pay for your time if anyone has scouted them in a building to be demoed and could rescue them for me.

I absolutely love the community you've built with this website, and I really appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you!!
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Louvered Fluorescents « Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 04:27:54 PM » Author: sol
Usually they are found in old schools. However, some old office buildings had them as well. Here in eastern Canada, some military buildings had them as well.

The best way to find some is likely locally to you. Keep an eye on buy-and-sell websites (Kijiji in Canada, Craigslist in the USA) or maybe Facebook market place. Also, scout around your area for old empty buildings (schools would score the highest probability here) and try to find out if they will be remodelled or demolished. I recently scored some different ones than the ones you are after by talking to the demolition contractor at a local school.

You can try eBay, but I have only rarely seen some there, and usually they are not in the quantity you're after.

I wish you all the best on your endeavour !
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies