Author Topic: Stop LED Streetlights  (Read 17244 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #60 on: May 09, 2019, 09:11:27 PM » Author: Lumex120
If they had just installed basic HPS fixtures to replace the nonworking lights I guarantee they wouldn't be having this big of an issue. They could have even installed CMH lights but those would have been more expensive.

Unofficial LG Discord

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #61 on: May 10, 2019, 09:06:46 PM » Author: suzukir122
Which is more expensive to install... LED's? Or the CMH? I would think LED's are more expensive
to install... I'm not sure, but it's just a guess lol! Those electronic CMH fixtures would've put out
warmer and brighter light, and they would've outlasted LED's.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #62 on: May 10, 2019, 09:48:54 PM » Author: Lumex120
They don't even need to use electronic CMH fixtures. They could just install basic magnetic ballast metal halide cobraheads such as AEL 115's with 70-100w Philips CMH lamps. Should last at least 5-6 years (a bit longer than their LEDs lasted) without being touched, and when the lamps go EOL they are like $30 each as opposed to like $250 for a new LED light.

Unofficial LG Discord

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #63 on: May 10, 2019, 10:03:36 PM » Author: suzukir122
True lol me personally I would also rather see magnetic metal halides put up as well, as opposed to electronic.
But either way, they would outlast LED, and they would be brighter, with better color

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #64 on: May 27, 2019, 09:30:20 PM » Author: wattMaster
Breaking News!
SLS is now friendlier to mobile devices. I've compressed the buttons and changed the fonts a little bit.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #65 on: April 03, 2020, 03:16:14 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I'm not having luck stopping Affinity lights.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #66 on: April 03, 2020, 03:23:19 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I'm not having luck stopping Affinity lights.
You can't change their mind. They'll stop using them when there's tons of failures. That's what SCE is doing in some parts. Switching from GE to AEL for LEDs. A lot of GE failures.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #67 on: April 03, 2020, 04:23:54 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
You can't change their mind. They'll stop using them when there's tons of failures. That's what SCE is doing in some parts. Switching from GE to AEL for LEDs. A lot of GE failures.
If I took a photo of a failure and sent it to the news would that work?

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #68 on: April 03, 2020, 07:21:20 PM » Author: Rommie
You can't change their mind. They'll stop using them when there's tons of failures.
I doubt they'll do that around here, there's too many of them. Won't matter if every single one fails, they'll just put more in. Besides, with little or no HID manufacture any more, where will they get lamps from..? Ebay..?   :'(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #69 on: April 05, 2020, 09:27:51 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: sox35
I doubt they'll do that around here, there's too many of them. Won't matter if every single one fails, they'll just put more in. Besides, with little or no HID manufacture any more, where will they get lamps from..? Ebay..?   :'(
Yep. there's no stopping the spread, & the LEDs are here to stay.  ... .until the next new thing comes out.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #70 on: April 05, 2020, 09:40:10 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Xmaslightguy, and of course, the next new thing... I can't help but always wonder what that next new technology will be.

Interests:

Krep

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #71 on: April 17, 2021, 06:47:54 PM » Author: Krep
I can't help but always wonder what that next new technology will be.
Induction HID's,Laser diode,Sulfur lamp who knows maybe lower electricity cost's with high led prices force people to other light sources?
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #72 on: April 17, 2021, 06:53:42 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Krep, either that will force people to other light sources, or maybe the unreliability aspect of the LED's. :'-) That combined with the higher LED
prices. I'm not sure... but the LED unreliability just keeps increasing over and over again... which also means more work for the electricians

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies