Author Topic: Your lighting "bucket list"  (Read 57123 times)
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #135 on: May 09, 2021, 12:23:02 AM » Author: Foxtronix
Mhhh...

Considering I sorta-kinda-partly lost interest in lighting in the last few years, I didn't give that question too much thought. Or I should say it's been shelved, for an indefinite amount of time.

For a long time the Form 109's such unique design made it go on that list. Back in the day I also had a seemingly rare opportunity to grab all sorts of ancient lighting equipment at the local recycling centre, which almost made a bucket list unnecessary. Oh did things change! Plus a move from family's house to an apartment forced me to... let's say redefine my goals with that hobby.

Long story short: I don't have such a list, maybe one day!

AZTECH

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #136 on: May 09, 2021, 08:09:26 PM » Author: AZTECH
Mhhh...

Considering I sorta-kinda-partly lost interest in lighting in the last few years, I didn't give that question too much thought. Or I should say it's been shelved, for an indefinite amount of time.

For a long time the Form 109's such unique design made it go on that list. Back in the day I also had a seemingly rare opportunity to grab all sorts of ancient lighting equipment at the local recycling centre, which almost made a bucket list unnecessary. Oh did things change! Plus a move from family's house to an apartment forced me to... let's say redefine my goals with that hobby.

Long story short: I don't have such a list, maybe one day!

I am curious why do you like specific GE form 109? Why not else GE M250, M400 and etc?  Because of V shape cast glass bowl?
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #137 on: May 09, 2021, 08:43:23 PM » Author: Foxtronix
I am curious why do you like specific GE form 109? Why not else GE M250, M400 and etc?  Because of V shape cast glass bowl?

That's one reason why. But in a nutshell, because it's a weird one :lol:

I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to 1940s streetlighting, but I think the Form 109 was GE's first steps into high-power mercury lighting. It looks like it started as, or reused parts from an existing incandescent luminaire design. The clip-on refractor-reflector assembly was common on older designs. Later models are closer to what we're used to nowadays. It really is a unique design!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #138 on: May 09, 2021, 09:02:28 PM » Author: Rommie
Funny old game this, isn't it. For me it's always been the actual lamps, rather than the fixtures. Just as well, or we wouldn't be able to move in here, it's hard enough with lamps in every available cupboard/drawer/shelf space, if we had fixtures for them all we'd need a place ten times the size  :poof: :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies