Author Topic: My IKEA 0.9W globe LED filament lamp don't heats up at all  (Read 698 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

My IKEA 0.9W globe LED filament lamp don't heats up at all « on: April 27, 2021, 11:14:19 AM » Author: dor123
I've noticed that my IKEA Lunnom LED 0.9W LED filament lamp on my computer table lamp, don't heats at all, despite it have helium or helium/oxygen to cool the LEDs and helium is a very heat conductive gas.
Why this is?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My IKEA 0.9W globe LED filament lamp don't heats up at all « Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 03:32:40 AM » Author: Medved
The 0.7W (assume the 0.2W is emitted as light) is simply just not that much of heat to cause any significant warmup.
The good cooling mixture in the bulb means there is small difference between filament vs bulb surface temperature, but has no effect on the surface temperature at all.
The surface temperature is always dictated by the power dissipation, air circulation around and surface of the bulb, nothing else.

I don't know from where came a myth that the bulb surface temperature is somehow related to the internal gas cooling ability. That is just a plain nonsense.
Why should it? The power in the filament has the only possible way to go: From theLEED chips to the filament mass, from the filaments to the inner gas, from the inner gas to the glass and from the glass to the air. Each transition has its thermal resistance, all in "series", so the flow is the same through each of them.
Once the heat flow (aka power) is a given, the temperature drop across each interface is dictated only by that interface.
It is just the total temperature difference (LED chips vs ambient air), which is sum of all of them. But externally you may observe only the last one - the bulb surface vs ambient air. And that remains the same, whether some lousy nmaker keeps just air in the bulb so run his filament scorching hot, or if someone else uses good heat carrying mixture, so has filaments cold as the result. But the bulb surface is the same temperature in both cases (assuming it is the same shape and size).

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies