Author Topic: New HPS fixtures?  (Read 1033 times)
Das Rheingold

View Posts
View Gallery

New HPS fixtures? « on: May 08, 2021, 04:43:22 PM » Author: Das Rheingold
I've seen some pictures here from Toronto, apparently they were still installing HPS :hps: very recently.

Have you seen other places where they were still putting up HID units?

Only other place I know is Grande Prairie, Alberta, they've been putting up HID un until very recently, though the newest district is using LED. Fortunately though they are still very much an HID city, some old MV lamps are still up too I think.

My preference: Mercury Vapor > High Pressure Sodium > Metal Halide > Low Pressure Sodium > Incandescent > LED

Classical music appreciator, lover of all things machinery

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: New HPS fixtures? « Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 05:45:40 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
As a resident of Southern California, USA, I have seen some new high pressure sodium installations very frequently and I also have seen places where they still replace old high pressure sodium lanterns with new high pressure sodium lanterns.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: New HPS fixtures? « Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 06:28:29 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, I think Toronto still for the most part will spot replace failed MH/HPS luminaires with HPS. They'll still relamp existing MH and HPS luminaires though. Some of the surrounding suburbs still have some pockets of HPS in use which is still being maintained for the most part.

Smaller towns are a mixed bag, some have gotten complete LED refits over the past few years while some are still maintaining MV luminaires, spot replacing failed units with HPS initially and LED now.

In Ontario, outside of the Toronto area, I'm not sure if any other of the larger cities are still using large amounts of HPS.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: New HPS fixtures? « Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 06:38:19 PM » Author: Cole D.
My area with Duke Energy was still installing HPS fixtures to replace existing HID fixtures up until early 2020. Now they only install LED, but I believe they still relamp HPS fixtures. My city still has many, many HPS street light fixtures, and a few MV ones here and there.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New HPS fixtures? « Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 09:34:00 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
The "Southside Mega Fix " project that involves completely redesigning a portion of I-71 , The I-70/I-71 interchange and I-70 through both the southside and Downtown Columbus has so far used all HPS fixtures from underpass lighting , High Masts and standard cobra heads .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Das Rheingold

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New HPS fixtures? « Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 11:10:32 PM » Author: Das Rheingold
Interesting! Thanks for the cool replies so far  :hps:

My preference: Mercury Vapor > High Pressure Sodium > Metal Halide > Low Pressure Sodium > Incandescent > LED

Classical music appreciator, lover of all things machinery

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies