Author Topic: Wanted really badly: 175 watt MV NEMA head  (Read 4902 times)
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Wanted really badly: 175 watt MV NEMA head « on: May 11, 2021, 01:31:27 PM » Author: thelightingman
I really, really, really, REALLY want a NEMA head because I don't have one and I would love to have one, it does not matter what condition it is in because I wouldn't mind restoring one, as long as it comes with a refractor and good ballast. I cannot find these for sale or for free ANYWHERE around where I live, all I can find are the yardblasters. If you have an unwanted NEMA head, PM me or reply to this post. I have been begging for one on here and I just want a NEMA head to make my collection more complete. Thanks for looking and have a nice day!  :)  8;) 8) :D
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 09:14:40 AM by thelightingman » Logged

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted really badly: 175 watt MV NEMA head for CHEAP « Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 02:39:45 PM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
I really, really, really, REALLY want a NEMA head because I don't have one and I would love to have one, it does not matter what condition it is in because I wouldn't mind restoring one, as long as it comes with a refractor and good ballast. I cannot find these for sale or for free ANYWHERE around where I live, all I can find are the yardblasters. If you have an unwanted NEMA head for cheap or just the cost of shipping, PM me or reply to this post. I have been begging for one on here and I just want a NEMA head to make my collection more complete. Thanks for looking and have a nice day!  :)  8;) 8) :D

I would sell you one of mine, only they all have a special place in my heart and I don't want to sell any of them. But it looks like you feel the same way I did when I wanted a GE Powr/Bracket. If I were you, I would keep an eye on ebay.
AZTECH

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted really badly: 175 watt MV NEMA head for CHEAP « Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 05:56:22 PM » Author: AZTECH
I would suggested you try saving up some $$$ and you will be much happy easy to afford buy one the nice NEMA head. Rarely anyone give away for free unless your lucky day.
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted really badly: 175 watt MV NEMA head for CHEAP « Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 12:59:18 AM » Author: thelightingman
I would suggested you try saving up some $$$ and you will be much happy easy to afford buy one the nice NEMA head. Rarely anyone give away for free unless your lucky day.
I would sell you one of mine, only they all have a special place in my heart and I don't want to sell any of them. But it looks like you feel the same way I did when I wanted a GE Powr/Bracket. If I were you, I would keep an eye on ebay.

Thanks for the kind words and advice! It has made my day because I have had a really bad day.

Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted really badly: 175 watt MV NEMA head for CHEAP « Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 08:36:33 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
Thanks for the kind words and advice! It has made my day because I have had a really bad day.

Your welcome. By the way, I've got about 7 NEMA heads, including my Powr/Brackets, and I've only bought 4. Those wernt even complete. So just keep an eoy out and if you see someone changing out a NEMA, just ask for the old one. It doesen't hurt to ask.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Wanted really badly: 175 watt MV NEMA head for CHEAP « Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 08:42:35 AM » Author: Rommie
I would be really careful about asking for things free or very cheap. Some people do get offended if they think they're being asked to give away something they consider valuable. I'm not saying don't ask if someone has something they don't want, but do try not to be seen to beg for stuff, that rarely goes down well.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted really badly: 175 watt MV NEMA head for CHEAP « Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 09:13:58 AM » Author: thelightingman
I would be really careful about asking for things free or very cheap. Some people do get offended if they think they're being asked to give away something they consider valuable. I'm not saying don't ask if someone has something they don't want, but do try not to be seen to beg for stuff, that rarely goes down well.

I should probably fix my post title then.

Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted really badly: 175 watt MV NEMA head for CHEAP « Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 11:02:00 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy

Those are the silly people. If they want the thing, they should keep it. But if they only are keeping it becoase they think it's valuble, why don't they give it to someone woh can enjoy it?
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Wanted really badly: 175 watt MV NEMA head for CHEAP « Reply #8 on: May 12, 2021, 11:10:22 AM » Author: Rommie
Those are the silly people. If they want the thing, they should keep it. But if they only are keeping it becoase they think it's valuble, why don't they give it to someone woh can enjoy it?
Who knows, people do strange and silly things ???  ::)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

AZTECH

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted really badly: 175 watt MV NEMA head for CHEAP « Reply #9 on: May 12, 2021, 12:24:34 PM » Author: AZTECH

I Agreed what Ria said. 

For example if you was looking really rare stuffs like 10w LPS/Sox complete unit and you post asking for dirty cheap or free it would easy offended me and as well other members because some things it took long time to find the treasure in their collection and almost will nobody here LG will give away for cheap or free. Unless you go out a lot time hunting down abandoned pole lights or garbages diving you probably can find it for free. But it going cost you lot of time.

Be sure research on what kind stuffs you really want and if it's higher rank list rare items avoid use word "free or cheap" but you could said really want it the specific fixtures and do allow seller offer you the price and you can always work on negotiating the price.  Just a suggestion for you.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Wanted really badly: 175 watt MV NEMA head for CHEAP « Reply #10 on: May 12, 2021, 02:04:05 PM » Author: joseph_125

I agree. Unless I have multiple of the item and or I'm looking to get rid of it. I would probably at least want what I paid for it back + shipping. Unfortunately shipping rates are fairly high.
Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted really badly: 175 watt MV NEMA head for CHEAP « Reply #11 on: May 12, 2021, 02:49:13 PM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
Who knows, people do strange and silly things ???  ::)

That's so.
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted really badly: 175 watt MV NEMA head for CHEAP « Reply #12 on: May 12, 2021, 03:21:15 PM » Author: thelightingman
I Agreed what Ria said. 

For example if you was looking really rare stuffs like 10w LPS/Sox complete unit and you post asking for dirty cheap or free it would easy offended me and as well other members because some things it took long time to find the treasure in their collection and almost will nobody here LG will give away for cheap or free. Unless you go out a lot time hunting down abandoned pole lights or garbages diving you probably can find it for free. But it going cost you lot of time.

Be sure research on what kind stuffs you really want and if it's higher rank list rare items avoid use word "free or cheap" but you could said really want it the specific fixtures and do allow seller offer you the price and you can always work on negotiating the price.  Just a suggestion for you.

Thanks for the advice!

Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted really badly: 175 watt MV NEMA head for CHEAP « Reply #13 on: May 22, 2021, 04:40:57 PM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
Thanks for the advice!

Are you still interested in one? If you are I might sell you a 175W MV one. It doesen't have a PC or refractor, and is 240V.
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted really badly: 175 watt MV NEMA head for CHEAP « Reply #14 on: May 26, 2021, 02:23:33 PM » Author: thelightingman
Are you still interested in one? If you are I might sell you a 175W MV one. It doesen't have a PC or refractor, and is 240V.

I would be intrested, but I do not know how to connect it to 240V.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies