Author Topic: North American Philips 750w M89 MH lamps?  (Read 1088 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
North American Philips 750w M89 MH lamps? « on: May 13, 2021, 11:14:51 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After looking at some of Philips North America’s catalogs from 1985 to the early 1990s, I have noticed that they feature 750w metal halide lamps that do not have the M149 ANSI code normally associated with this wattage of North American metal halide lamps, but they however have the M89 ANSI code. I would guess that these metal halide lamps were most likely probe start since pulse start technology for high wattage metal halide lamps lamps in North America did not come out until the late 1990s. Does anyone know the arc voltage and current for these metal halide lamps since both these lamps and ballasts are almost pure unobtainium?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: North American Philips 750w M89 MH lamps? « Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 07:28:51 PM » Author: Lumex120
I remember up until a few years ago the spec sheet for the Cooper HMX high mast fixture had 750w listed under the probe start metal halide wattages available. (I doubt it's still there though). At the time we thought it was just a mistake but this makes me wonder. Is there some way you could link the catalog you found it in? I'm intrigued.

Unofficial LG Discord

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: North American Philips 750w M89 MH lamps? « Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 03:01:29 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I remember up until a few years ago the spec sheet for the Cooper HMX high mast fixture had 750w listed under the probe start metal halide wattages available. (I doubt it's still there though). At the time we thought it was just a mistake but this makes me wonder. Is there some way you could link the catalog you found it in? I'm intrigued.

Here is the catalog that I found a listing for a Philios 750w M89 probe start metal halide lamp:

https://www.scribd.com/document/129573443/Philips-Lighting-1988-Lamp-Specification-Guide

You can find the listing on page 55 of the catalog.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: North American Philips 750w M89 MH lamps? « Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 11:08:56 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
That catalog also proves that Philips did indeed make a 700w H-35 MV for the North American market !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies