Author Topic: Missing Comments  (Read 987 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Missing Comments « on: May 23, 2021, 12:46:05 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I just noticed that certain comments on several topics seem to be missing . All of the member's info is still visible on the left side and the member's signature line is still present but the actual text of the member's comment is blank .

For example , Bulbman256's comments here : https://www.lighting-gallery.net/index.php?topic=11407.0
 and several different member's comments here : https://www.lighting-gallery.net/index.php?topic=11464.15

All I see in each example is the member's signature line and their info on the left . the remainder of the comment box is completely blank as if no comment was typed .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the SOX!

Re: Missing Comments « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 01:08:43 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I was noticing that as well! Even when quoted, they're still blank.

Interests: sprinklers, fire alarms, warning sirens, fans, and mostly lights

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Missing Comments « Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 01:32:58 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I 1st noticed it earlier in the day while I wasn't logged in . At least it's not just me !!

desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: Missing Comments « Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 01:36:51 AM » Author: desktoptrashcan
Same here. I was wondering WTH was going on! I thought my iPad was screwing up with that stupid memory leak problem again!  ::)  :lol:
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Missing Comments « Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 01:40:56 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Well hopefully one of the Admins can figure it out . I've never seen this before !

EDIT : This bug seems to be in the Forum portion only and is scattered throughout DOZENS of different topics on most all of the topic boards .
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 02:18:15 AM by wide-lite 1000 » Logged

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Gerard

UCi55A3hASj7xOZ1eTRO1Jvg
Re: Missing Comments « Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 02:19:41 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Maybe it's a side effect of the changes Patrick added to the voting/rating system. It seems like when something is changed on the gallery, there always seems to be a side effect.

Good quality things are awesome. Bad quality things are not.

Introvert and lighting collector.

desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: Missing Comments « Reply #6 on: May 23, 2021, 02:26:53 AM » Author: desktoptrashcan
This issue also seems to be affecting my PM inbox, particularly messages from Mandolin Girl and Desultory. Interesting.  :wndr:
desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: Missing Comments « Reply #7 on: May 23, 2021, 02:28:04 AM » Author: desktoptrashcan
Maybe it's a side effect of the changes Patrick added to the voting/rating system. It seems like when something is changed on the gallery, there always seems to be a side effect.
That pretty much sums up what it’s like to work in IT, especially in the programming/development sector.  ::)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 01:00:12 PM by Patrick » Logged
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Missing Comments « Reply #8 on: May 23, 2021, 08:37:25 AM » Author: High Intensity
I was seeing the same thing, I also decided to check my inbox to see if I could find any blank messages there, and found some from Dave (Silverliner) and Patrick that had gone blank.

One trend i'm starting to notice is that messages that had quoted now broken messages seem to become broken themselves, which makes me wonder if there's a keyword that causing it to happen.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 08:50:44 AM by High Intensity » Logged
sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Missing Comments « Reply #9 on: May 23, 2021, 08:52:14 AM » Author: sox35
I've noticed this as well, although I don't think it's anything to do with the changes to the voting system as that's just on the gallery and the forum is a different program. But in case he's not aware, I'll bring it to Patrick's attention.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Missing Comments « Reply #10 on: May 23, 2021, 09:31:09 AM » Author: sox35
That pretty much sums up what it’s like to work in IT, especially in the programming/development sector.  ::)
Yep. Fix one bug, introduce two  ::)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 01:00:08 PM by Patrick » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Missing Comments « Reply #11 on: May 23, 2021, 10:08:39 AM » Author: Bulbman256
That's really weird..... :P Hope this one doesnt go blank. :mrg:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Missing Comments « Reply #12 on: May 23, 2021, 01:50:57 PM » Author: Patrick
Oops, I switched the charset from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8 in order to fix special characters in the home page gallery comments, and that seemingly caused this issue.  UTF-8 ls a larger character set, so I was surprised it'd have that effect, but apparently it did.  I've changed it back.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Missing Comments « Reply #13 on: May 23, 2021, 08:40:11 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Seemed to be all fixed, thank you mods! 8) 8;) :D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Missing Comments « Reply #14 on: May 23, 2021, 09:49:52 PM » Author: Patrick
We've switched to Unicode again, hopefully correctly this time.  Let us know if there are any further issues.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines