Author Topic: Quotation marks and apostrophes not showing up correctly  (Read 412 times)
desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Quotation marks and apostrophes not showing up correctly « on: May 23, 2021, 01:17:28 PM » Author: desktoptrashcan
When browsing the gallery section, I noticed that quotation marks and apostrophes don’t show up correctly in the “last comments” preview section on the front page, but when viewing the actual photo, the quotation marks and apostrophes show up fine. I’ve attached a photo showing the issue. Highlighted in red is what apostrophes show up as; highlighted in yellow is what quotation marks show up as.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 01:19:36 PM by desktoptrashcan » Logged
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Quotation marks and apostrophes not showing up correctly « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 01:52:47 PM » Author: Patrick
This has been a problem for ages, so I'm surprised anybody would point it out just as I'd been trying to resolve it.  I was attempting to fix it yesterday with the change that caused the blank posts.  It worked, but also caused the forum post content to go missing.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Quotation marks and apostrophes not showing up correctly « Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 09:51:19 PM » Author: Patrick
We've switched the forum to the Unicode UTF-8 charset once again in order to resolve this.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Quotation marks and apostrophes not showing up correctly « Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 07:13:58 AM » Author: rjluna2
I noticed there is a separate language format between forum page and gallery page.  From what I understand that the forum page has different engine compare to the gallery page :wndr:

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Quotation marks and apostrophes not showing up correctly « Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 10:26:18 AM » Author: sox35
@rjluna2 - The forum and the gallery are effectively separate software programs. They are closely interlinked (with a lot of customisation on Patrick's part), but there are many things that are different and can't easily be combined.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines