Author Topic: What did you do today NOT lighting wise  (Read 54899 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #360 on: April 16, 2023, 10:47:35 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Changed the spark plugs on my car yesterday, was quite fiddley to do especially on the back ones facing the firewall, however I was able to get them all in. Test drove it today and then picked up about 5 highway mpg (American) in fuel economy, went from 22 to 27mpg. If I drove a little slower instead of pushing 85mph on the highway like I normally do and if the wind was still I could have probably gotten past the 30mpg mark. Happy to also report the engine runs a little smoother and has some extra pep. :bulbman:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #361 on: April 16, 2023, 10:58:07 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Excellent !! I used to drive on average of 20 over the limit . I just got tired of paying the speeding tickets after awhile !  :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #362 on: April 16, 2023, 11:07:29 PM » Author: joseph_125
I changed my plugs a couple of years ago after the valve cover gasket failed and flooded the spark plug wells. My engine is inline 4 so I didn't have to deal with the plugs facing towards the firewall.

I typically do 10-20 (km) over the limit, as do most people here. It's the "acceptable" amount to speed here so you don't usually get ticketed unless you can caught by one of those speed cameras. :police:
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #363 on: April 16, 2023, 11:07:43 PM » Author: HPS_250
Worked on getting ready for some new trees to be planted in my backyard, including digging out a brick garden border that’s been in place since 1977! Needless to say that wasn’t the easiest thing to do, but those bricks actually cleaned up pretty nicely and I’m going to use them to replace a rotting old wood retaining wall in front of my house.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #364 on: April 17, 2023, 06:21:06 AM » Author: Rommie
Excellent !! I used to drive on average of 20 over the limit . I just got tired of paying the speeding tickets after awhile !  :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:
Heh  :lol:

With the price of fuel over here now, I drive for fuel economy, and as I usually try and hire a diesel, I generally get around 70-75 mpg. So I tend to stick at around 50mph on the motorways; I see people shooting past at 80+ and I always think 'why..?' as I invariably catch them up at the next traffic jam  ::)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #365 on: May 11, 2023, 12:35:00 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Took the accord in for service as the charge system died on me and left me stranded at a restore after i broke down on the highway (yes i was trying to go there!) Had to get a new battery and limp it home and parked it for the week. Hopefully the Honda dealer can get that and the busted AC sorted. :-\

And i thought these accord things where reliable. :mrg:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #366 on: May 11, 2023, 07:46:15 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
They tend to be.  Just because it's a Honda or Crapota doesn't mean it won't still break down though.  All mechanical devices will sooner or later.  No guarantees.  I see newer Toyotas and Hondas towed into the stealership service departments all the time, just like new Kia's, Hyundai's, Fords, Mercedes, BMWs, and lots of Teslas.  Just remember that the newer stuff has a lot more sensors and electronics, which means a lot more that can go wrong. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 07:48:42 AM by RyanF40T12 » Logged

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #367 on: May 11, 2023, 11:44:18 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 No car is 100% perfect !  Hopefully the problems are simple fixes .

My project today was replacing the LH headlight assembly on my neighbor's 2018 Chevy Malibu . It took about 1 1/2 hrs. It wasn't overly dificult , Just time consuming . The front bumber cover needed to be removed in order to replace the ass'y. The damned thing is held in place with no less than 3 DOZEN screws !! I've no idea why GM thought they needed that much hardware to hold on a plastic cover !! :poof:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #368 on: May 21, 2023, 12:36:17 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Yesterday's projects :  I replaced the battery and the RH front wheel bearing/hub ass'y on my 2003 Mercury Marauder . I'm getting it ready for a LONG road trip !!  :o  The battery was 8 years old and getting weak while the wheel bearing/hub ass'y was starting to make noise and had a bit of free-play in it .  I almost forgot just how nice it is to do mechanical work on a car that isn't greasy and rusty for a change !

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #369 on: May 21, 2023, 05:29:12 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Fun car.  I like the Clown Vics/Grand Monkies and the 94-96 Caprice 9C1 & Impala SS.  I've owned a few vics and Caprices.  Planning on getting a 96 SS. 

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #370 on: May 22, 2023, 02:53:49 PM » Author: Rommie
Talking of cars, I did post a thread last week that I was thinking of buying a Land Rover Freelander, that didn't happen for various reasons, but on Saturday I did pick up this..!

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #371 on: May 23, 2023, 12:17:27 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Nice Ria !  Didn't know they sold Buicks over there . What year is it ?

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #372 on: May 23, 2023, 04:33:13 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
The gal I recently dated has one of those and really likes it. 

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #373 on: May 23, 2023, 05:13:10 AM » Author: Rommie
@ Tim - Thanks, they don't sell them here, there is a UK equivalent, the Vauxhall Mokka, but this one was a personal import by a serviceman in the USAF. It's a 2014 model and has only done 31,500 from new..! Well a bit more now, as it was a 500-mile trip home  ;D

@ Ryan - It drives really well, good fuel consumption as well, we got 42mpg (US) on the trip, which is 50.4 in UK gallons, which is good for a petrol engine. It'll be less than that around town, obviously, but we don't plan on driving thousands of miles a week  :lol:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #374 on: June 20, 2023, 08:54:31 AM » Author: Rommie
Took the car to an auto electrician to get a dashcam professionally fitted. As a bonus he also wired in the cable for my Garmin satnav, so it doesn't take up the ciggy lighter socket.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies