Author Topic: What did you do today NOT lighting wise  (Read 52449 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #285 on: July 25, 2022, 10:45:01 PM » Author: HPS_250
Started getting some rocks and gravel ready to remove a section of grass around two palm trees next to my driveway. The grass was never healthy there and the drought basically finished it off finally, which now means that I don’t have to duck underneath spiky palm fronds to mow a tiny strip of grass anymore.   :lol:

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #286 on: July 25, 2022, 11:27:07 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I spent my afternoon at a medical office having a camera run down my throat .  DON'Y WORRY  , I'M OK !!  I have acid reflux and have been having some trouble swallowing lately so the Dr. wanted to take a look and make sure everything was OK. All that was needed was to stretch my esophagus a little to fix the damage caused by the acid reflux .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #287 on: July 26, 2022, 09:03:01 AM » Author: Rommie
Ow..! Rather you than me  :poof:

We received yet another piece of test equipment today, a Megger PAT420. We got it from eBay for less than £300, which is a whopping £1000 off the new price..!! It's 4 years old but has been well looked after and still has 9 months left on the calibration certificate  8)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #288 on: July 26, 2022, 09:32:15 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I was completely out at the time so I didn't feel anything ! I have to eat only soft foods for a couple of days so it's been a diet of mashed potatoes , mac & cheese and oatmeal for me !! (not all at the same time mind you !)

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #289 on: August 01, 2022, 12:21:12 PM » Author: Rommie
Installed and configured the very expensive software to co-ordinate the records of tests from our Megger PAT420 appliance tester.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #290 on: August 01, 2022, 03:02:54 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I quickly created a logo for us to use if we ever decide to set up in business using the PAT420 for its intended purpose.  ;D

« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 03:25:45 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #291 on: August 03, 2022, 05:41:47 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I constructed the new top tier for our work bench, photos to follow.  8)

Using the Japanese pull saw made life so much easier.!  :love:

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #292 on: August 05, 2022, 01:44:33 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The top tier of the workbench is now in place, and we're happy with what we achieved working as a team.!  8)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #293 on: August 07, 2022, 05:49:10 PM » Author: Rommie
Updated our desktop computers to Fedora version 36. Laptop time tomorrow  ;D

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #294 on: August 08, 2022, 06:46:22 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Well that's what we thought...  >:( :curse:

Something got screwed up in the updates and we've had to do a fresh install of the OS, and after more than a few hours of tweaking settings it's still not 100% there.  :( :curse:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #295 on: August 09, 2022, 08:42:12 AM » Author: Rommie
Well I was up in the middle of the night for half an hour or so, as I couldn't sleep, so thought I'd have a go at fixing the remaining problem, which was editing the login screen. Somehow I managed it, the only problem is I don't recall exactly how, I was half asleep :lol:

I think I may have tried an alternative desktop, will have to experiment a bit later  :wndr:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #296 on: August 09, 2022, 10:29:45 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I had a bit of time, so I've revised the logo we might use... :wndr:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #297 on: September 04, 2022, 12:09:42 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Beat my lawnmowing record previously was about 45 minutes to do everything and edge the grass, now it only took me 35. ;D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #298 on: September 05, 2022, 12:31:13 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I spent the day attempting to fix a fuel leak in the Subaford  :o  I'll find out tomorrow evening if I was successful or not ! My repair has to cure fully before I can add fuel .

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #299 on: September 05, 2022, 02:03:53 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Funnily enough Tim your the second friend I have that has had issues with a subaru lately! Difference is my buddy just got rid of is 2010s forester, he just couldn't take all the BS that went wrong with it. Got an apparently mint 91' town car in purple. I saw it driving down the road and was staring at it until I heard him screaming my name which shocked me. I need to meet up with him again and catch up with him and the car. 8)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies