Author Topic: How long have you been collecting lights?  (Read 5683 times)
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: How long have you been collecting lights? « Reply #30 on: June 12, 2021, 11:29:20 PM » Author: Foxtronix
I wasn't really "collecting" lighting-related equipment before I arrived here in 2007. Streetlights brought me here, but within a few months my interest semi-shifted to more accessible equipment, i.e. incandescent & fluorescent. I was 14 back then.

Then room constraints made me reconsider this collecting endeavor. I had to considerably downsize my collection, it's been quite difficult to dispose only of items of little value while still getting the remainder to fit in my new storage area.

So I consider I "stopped" collecting lighting equipment in 2017. A decade-long disease I seem to have recovered from. I'm healed!  :mrg:

All goofiness aside, I actually went back to my roots, as a tinkerer. I'm a project-driven weirdo person, so I much prefer to see this old lighting stuff being put to good use. (Not the super-old stuff though!) A few days ago I came across this nice homemade fixture and it gave me the idea of building a decorative fluorescent fixture of my own using scrap materials I have laying around.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How long have you been collecting lights? « Reply #31 on: June 13, 2021, 02:21:28 PM » Author: Michael
Started around 1985 with a frosted pigmy bulb at a age of 3.
About a year later after move into the new flat I got my first TLD 15W tube from a bath room mirror light
At the end the 80s my first incandescent street light with arm, a Fluorescent pocket light and my very first SL* Prismatic lamp and a new from the shelf Osram DULUX EL 11W.
Around 1991 my first new Osram HQL De Luxe 80W bulb and lantern and my first EOL PowerGroove tube (my mum did not allow to keep it so I had to bring it back to the printing shop)
1993 my first HPS 150W lamp and gear. 1994 my first SOX 90W lamp with lantern. 1998 my first high power MH lamp. (HQI-T 2000W/N) with very large parabolic floodlight. And so on...

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: How long have you been collecting lights? « Reply #32 on: June 13, 2021, 04:47:55 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I'm what you could call a late bloomer. It wasn't until 2015 when Ria moved in that I started to develop an interest in the hobby, and the rest as they say is history.  :bulbman:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: How long have you been collecting lights? « Reply #33 on: June 13, 2021, 05:27:46 PM » Author: Rommie
I'm what you could call a late bloomer. It wasn't until 2015 when Ria moved in that I started to develop an interest in the hobby, and the rest as they say is history.  :bulbman:
And as a result I'm rapidly running out of money, as she keeps encouraging me to buy more lamps  ::)  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies