Author Topic: Old PC (specifically Windows 9x) Support  (Read 676 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Bodger extraordinaire - When in doubt, bodge.!

Re: Old PC (specifically Windows 9x) Support « Reply #15 on: September 01, 2021, 08:45:39 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
@xmaslightguy - Linux can interact with Windows using SAMBA, but it's clunky. Firefox is definitely the best browser in our opinion though, Sammi has been using it since version 1..!

Steer clear of IE at all costs  @-@

Yup, I've been using FF for the best part of fifteen years.  :poof:
As soon as I could I ditched IE back in 1994 for Netscape Navigator, and have only ever used IE when forced into doing so by a website not supporting alternatives.  >:(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

"You may be a part of your own inspirations"

Re: Old PC (specifically Windows 9x) Support « Reply #16 on: September 09, 2021, 08:45:10 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Off topic but I see my Maine lights on the main photo! ;D

Collector of any streetlight type, preferably HID.
Power Company: Eversource
Im proud to say my town is still HID!
Proudly suffering from Westinghouse Lifeguard disease!
I’m proud to say I’ve been to the EMEC service area with ZERO LED!
Also enjoys playing Basketball and Baseball.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

The Christmas Lights Are On, But Is Anybody Home..

GoL ATL
Re: Old PC (specifically Windows 9x) Support « Reply #17 on: September 11, 2021, 11:39:56 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: sox35
@xmaslightguy - Linux can interact with Windows using SAMBA, but it's clunky. Firefox is definitely the best browser in our opinion though, Sammi has been using it since version 1..!

Steer clear of IE at all costs  @-@
Interesting. Maybe I'll look at SAMBA at some later date, just out of curiosity.
PaleMoon is pretty much my browser of choice these days (excluding the old Win98se computer ofcourse)

Not sure if its true or not, but I've heard the newer versions of FireFox are basically just a rebranded Chrome (Chrome(and its equivalents) is the one browser ) I avoid at all costs.)

For addons these 3/4 are 'required' NoScript+AdBlock+TabKiller+(and depending on browser CookieMonster), plus (I need to find a replacement for Video-DownloadHelper since it doesn't work much anymore)

Forget the lights..just give me a good lightning storm & tornado to go watch...

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Old PC (specifically Windows 9x) Support « Reply #18 on: September 12, 2021, 10:08:55 AM » Author: dor123
Interesting. Maybe I'll look at SAMBA at some later date, just out of curiosity.
PaleMoon is pretty much my browser of choice these days (excluding the old Win98se computer ofcourse)

Not sure if its true or not, but I've heard the newer versions of FireFox are basically just a rebranded Chrome (Chrome(and its equivalents) is the one browser ) I avoid at all costs.)

For addons these 3/4 are 'required' NoScript+AdBlock+TabKiller+(and depending on browser CookieMonster), plus (I need to find a replacement for Video-DownloadHelper since it doesn't work much anymore)
I use Waterfox Classic Portable to browse LG, as I banned Pale Moon, since the developer banned NoScript, and he and its community, have a dictatorship nature.
For Youtube video downloader, I use ‏‏YouTube Downloader HD. It is free and open-source without malware.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 230-240V, 50hz country.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

The Christmas Lights Are On, But Is Anybody Home..

GoL ATL
Re: Old PC (specifically Windows 9x) Support « Reply #19 on: September 12, 2021, 10:52:22 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: dor123
I use Waterfox Classic Portable to browse LG, as I banned Pale Moon, since the developer banned NoScript, and he and its community, have a dictatorship nature.
For Youtube video downloader, I use ‏‏YouTube Downloader HD. It is free and open-source without malware.
For sites where I need a newer/better browser(YouTube & Discord for example) I'm using PaleMoon(portable) & have NoScript on it...but I did also manually 'install' NoScript & the other addons. (and I "turned-off" all checking/blocking of addons (both in PaleMoon & FireFox. Plus I disabled & blocked the built-in 'spyware' as well))
WaterFox is a decent choice for a browser though too, I have used that one before.

Gonna go check out YouTube Downloader HD now. Thanks for the suggestion

Forget the lights..just give me a good lightning storm & tornado to go watch...

Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines