Author Topic: More lighting "junk"....  (Read 2325 times)
mainstreetprod

View Posts
View Gallery

More lighting "junk".... « on: July 10, 2021, 07:21:00 PM » Author: mainstreetprod
Some of you saw on the vintage lamps board that I am cleaning out a building that was an electrical and appliance place in the 40's, 50's and 60's. Thought I would post a few fixtures and hardware I found today. It's a huge space and it simply isn't possible to salvage everything, so I'm looking for items of value that are shippable (small). Let me know your thoughts on these. Should I scrap them? Pictured here are some kind of downrods, about 5/8" x 18" long, there are boxes and boxes of them, a small ceiling fixture and large GE louvers, Ken-Rad green incandescent bulbs (there are hundreds), and a Markston Preheat fixture in the box. Obviously I wouldn't scrap this, but how about the rest?
mainstreetprod

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: More lighting "junk".... « Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 07:25:58 PM » Author: mainstreetprod
....here are more items: Overall shot of what I am dealing with, so you can appreciate why I can't keep everything, a preheat fixture (there are two more good for parts, only one end cap for all 3) strange looking round concentric diffusers or whatever they are called, and large round plastic shades for a Wakefield fixture, hangs by 3 tiny chains.
mainstreetprod

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: More lighting "junk".... « Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 07:27:43 PM » Author: mainstreetprod
Finally,one  more: a very streamlined looking fixture of some kind, a ballast (preheat?), and more louvers with a V shaped middle section
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 07:44:14 PM by mainstreetprod » Logged
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: More lighting "junk".... « Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 04:53:35 AM » Author: Silverliner
Some of you saw on the vintage lamps board that I am cleaning out a building that was an electrical and appliance place in the 40's, 50's and 60's. Thought I would post a few fixtures and hardware I found today. It's a huge space and it simply isn't possible to salvage everything, so I'm looking for items of value that are shippable (small). Let me know your thoughts on these. Should I scrap them? Pictured here are some kind of downrods, about 5/8" x 18" long, there are boxes and boxes of them, a small ceiling fixture and large GE louvers, Ken-Rad green incandescent bulbs (there are hundreds), and a Markston Preheat fixture in the box. Obviously I wouldn't scrap this, but how about the rest?

I’m interested in the Markston fixture. PM me.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: More lighting "junk".... « Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 04:54:25 AM » Author: Silverliner
....here are more items: Overall shot of what I am dealing with, so you can appreciate why I can't keep everything, a preheat fixture (there are two more good for parts, only one end cap for all 3) strange looking round concentric diffusers or whatever they are called, and large round plastic shades for a Wakefield fixture, hangs by 3 tiny chains.

I’m interested in that V shaped fixture but I would like to know the actual length?

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

mainstreetprod

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: More lighting "junk".... « Reply #5 on: July 14, 2021, 09:32:39 AM » Author: mainstreetprod
Got 3 of these in varying condition, one of them has one end cap. Overall is 25.5, looks like a 23" tube.

Fred

I’m interested in that V shaped fixture but I would like to know the actual length?
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: More lighting "junk".... « Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 02:27:56 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Those downrods, do they have the ceiling mount with them ? I've been looking for complete stem kits.

Administrator #5

mobilite

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: More lighting "junk".... « Reply #7 on: November 01, 2021, 10:41:17 AM » Author: mobilite
Wow, definitely have a selection of interesting thing. If you found the ceiling mount/socket with the dangling bathtub chains to hang the concentric round ring lites, i certainly would be interested.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies