Author Topic: Sourcing lifetime supplies of banned light bulbs  (Read 762 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Sourcing lifetime supplies of banned light bulbs « on: July 27, 2021, 01:57:12 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Since I worry about having incomplete sets of fluorescent tubes and HID lamps in my collection due to fast moving bulb bans favoring LED lighting over everything else. I am wondering how I can best source lamps that are already banned in bulk quantities to guarantee lifetime supplies for cheap prices because I personally desire to have a dream house that uses a mix of HID and preheat fluorescent fixtures because I personally find the startup of LED lighting to be boring. For example, I am starting to get worried about having to live with incomplete color temperature sets of European 58w T8 tubes for my whole life since their ban is coming up in september of 2023. I wonder what is the best way to source and acquire light bulbs that have already been banned in bulk quantities for cheap prices aside from eBay, Habitat for Humanity ReStores, and facebook marketplace. For example, I am currently desiring to stock up on some already banned European halophosphate T12 and T8 fluorescent tubes in bulk quantities for low prices.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sourcing lifetime supplies of banned light bulbs « Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 09:26:54 AM » Author: funkybulb
 People will throw Fluorescent on the curb during city bulky item pick up,   I have found cases of blackender  in 15 , 30 wattT8,  F25T12.   Voltarc  F120 10 footer partal case.  And
  Few mercury lamps.  And any incandescents to stock.  About 80 percent of my street finds is every day burner  Lamps. And it cost me nothing.  But gas to drive around.  I  a metal scrapper.   Heck I even find Banned cans of R12 freon,  now then some R22 freon this way. 

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies