Author Topic: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics  (Read 16250 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #60 on: July 09, 2019, 07:21:19 PM » Author: CEB1993
I found the name of another Eric Clapton song featured on the Weather Channel, Let it Rain.  Another one of those songs that I've heard many times and liked, but did not know the name or the band until now  :)  I'm becoming an Eric Clapton fan!

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #61 on: July 13, 2019, 03:58:13 AM » Author: mefurd98
Ah, the old Weather Channel! I remember sitting there watching TWC when Hurricane Katrina was coming through and the Storm Alert theme played on the Local on the 8s. Even though we were on the outer fringes of it, we still got significant rain and wind from it. I thank Katrina for getting me obsessed with hurricanes!  :D
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #62 on: August 21, 2022, 06:43:23 PM » Author: CEB1993
I love Weather Channel music! I find it very relaxing and nostalgic. Here's one of my favorite songs from 1999:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRYfX51-gWo&list=PLD78692C2C2609F25

The rest of this 136 long playlist is really cool too  8)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #63 on: August 22, 2022, 03:07:24 AM » Author: Econolite03
Back when we still had Verizon Fios TV here on the west coast, they used to have The Weather Channel, along with a local weather sub-channel that was operated by The Weather Channel. The sub-channel had a female narrator and had a soundtrack that I really liked. Best of all, no commercials or interruptions.

I used to go to that channel specifically for the music, it was fun. That was until some idiots at Verizon corporate decided to end their contract with The Weather Channel. The main channel was replaced with Accu Weather, and the sub-channel became a pathetic Windows movie-maker style Weather Bug channel. Eventually the sub-channel was dropped entirely, and Verizon sold Fios to Frontier Communications, which was a total disaster. We now have Spectrum, which thankfully has the official The Weather Channel.
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #64 on: August 22, 2022, 12:33:50 PM » Author: CEB1993
When I switched to Direct TV in 2010, I lost the Local on the 8’s. It was “better” because I could push a button and get the local forecast any time while viewing the channel. It worked okay, but it just wasn’t the same.

The actual Local on the 8’s no longer provided local weather. With Direct TV, Local on the 8’s was simply an overview of the whole USA weather. I’ll have to check it out on Spectrum sometime.

Stop the lamp bans!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #65 on: August 23, 2022, 11:21:03 PM » Author: Cole D.
With Comcast digital cable, we had that secondary Weather Channel, which was called WeatherScan.

I liked the playlist on that channel too and used it frequently. I don’t know when that channel went away, but it was in 2013 or after.

We still get regular Weather Channel. But I don’t watch it for Local on the 8s anymore. Because 1) it doesn’t even play every 10 minutes like it used to and 2) the playlist is too repetitive IMO and only consists of a few songs.

We do have a sub channel somewhere that one of the CBS affiliates owns that is all weather, similar to WeatherScan, but I forget which channel.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #66 on: August 26, 2022, 04:33:27 PM » Author: HIDLad001
I really like the Weatherstar 4000 the Weather channel looks!

HID Fixtures should stay HID!
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #67 on: August 28, 2022, 08:35:40 PM » Author: CEB1993
Thank you HIDLad001!  :D Just checked out WeatherStar 4000, it is so cool! I've dialed in my local zip code and get classic Local on the 8's style weather coverage, current conditions, and awesome music. This has made my day.

Stop the lamp bans!

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #68 on: August 29, 2022, 07:15:06 AM » Author: HIDLad001
You're welcome!

HID Fixtures should stay HID!
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies