Author Topic: Favorite song from the '80s?  (Read 1406 times)
Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Favorite song from the '80s? « on: June 02, 2022, 09:15:51 PM » Author: Molly
All of Prince's music

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Favorite song from the '80s? « Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 05:30:44 AM » Author: AngryHorse
God!, here’s a question I can never answer!  @-@, there’s too many to choose from, but I think the ones I remember hearing while on holiday in North Wales while I was 11/12 years old and at my peak in the process of learning about lighting, (North Wales was still on mercury and SO lanterns back in the 80s), and it was interesting to see all the older stuff than what we had in and around our town.

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Favorite song from the '80s? « Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 02:31:17 PM » Author: Burrito
Dire Straits, Squeeze, Electric light Orchestra.

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Favorite song from the '80s? « Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 01:10:17 AM » Author: 108CAM
Final Countdown but Living on a Prayer comes in at a very close second

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Gearjammer
Re: Favorite song from the '80s? « Reply #4 on: June 21, 2022, 01:53:39 AM » Author: Gearjammer
Dire Straits, Squeeze, Electric light Orchestra.
Dire Straits is awesome man!
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Favorite song from the '80s? « Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 05:09:33 AM » Author: suzukir122
Much like @AngryHorse, I'm kinda in the same boat regarding this question. For me as well, this is a tough question to answer. I have no
specific favorite/number one favorite song. But... two people that have legitimately ROCKED my life because of their incredible music,
backed up by their absolutely incredible vocals... American and British legends... Michael Jackson and Phil Collins. Now THAT is easy for
me to say. These songs are a part of what molded me into who I am today: Michael Jackson: Thriller, Beat It, and Billie Jean, as probably expected.
Three of his main, most legendary songs. Beat It is actually my favorite of the three, and it really changed the game, because... to me, the
lyrics were... ehh... not really a fan of the lyrics... BUT THE MUSIC AND THE VOCALS... some of the greatest I have ever heard. That includes
the Guitar Solo before the final chorus. Capitalized for a reason... one of the best Guitar Solos I have ever heard.
Embarrassing to admit, but Beat It actually managed to make me cry when I was a kid... when I was 4 or maybe 5 years old. The eerie music with
the electronic voices in the background, during the "showing how funky, strong is your fight, it doesn't matter..." lines of the chorus. That,
in combination with the awesome repetitive Guitar in the background. For a while there, I was actually afraid of that song, more so than Thriller.
Thriller and Billie Jean are my additional favorites, more because of the lyrics than the music... that being said, both songs have some of
the greatest music I have ever heard as well, easily.
Phil Collins: In The Air Tonight... I think that one should be expected as well for real. :'-) That song has some of the greatest vocals I have
ever heard in my life as well, and the rhythm/music is legendary. The lyrics HIT HARD with that song as well. So much so to the point where it made
me laugh as a kid, starting from the first verse... "Well if you told me you were drowning... I would not lend a hand..." :'-)
Take Me Home is another major favorite of mine from Phil Collins. That song played on the radio and actually shut my family up during a road trip,
when I was a kid. That includes my little sister. Even SHE shut up for that song. Very rare moment, and that helped seal the deal.
I Don't Care Anymore and Take A Look At Me Now... also among the lists of my favorites by him. I think I've got more favorites from Phil, but I'm
not sure they were made in the 80's.
Sorry for not providing one specific song, but it's tough!! Musical Legends of All Time revealed themselves many, many times in the 80's  8)

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Favorite song from the '80s? « Reply #6 on: August 20, 2022, 09:35:48 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I've said it on another thread about this that was deleted by the OP  ???

My all time favourite from the 80's is Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits  :love:

I would post a link to it, but I would just start crying.  :'( :'( :'(

Every time I hear that track I think of my best friend, Shaun Husband. He was killed by a roadside bomb while he was in Iraq, in November 2005. :DeAtH:
Shaun was the closest person to being a brother to me than any blood relation will ever be. R.I.P Shaun, I love you and always will.  :love: :-* :love:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Favorite song from the '80s? « Reply #7 on: August 20, 2022, 10:22:44 AM » Author: Molly
I've said it on another thread about this that was deleted by the OP  ???

My all time favourite from the 80's is Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits  :love:

I would post a link to it, but I would just start crying.  :'( :'( :'(

Every time I hear that track I think of my best friend, Shaun Husband. He was killed by a roadside bomb while he was in Iraq, in November 2005. :DeAtH:
Shaun was the closest person to being a brother to me than any blood relation will ever be. R.I.P Shaun, I love you and always will.  :love: :-* :love:

So sorry for your loss. I had a friend who died in a car crash in 2012 and we would listen to our favorite '80s bits!

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Favorite song from the '80s? « Reply #8 on: September 05, 2022, 09:23:03 PM » Author: Econolite03
The 80s were good, but let's not forget about the 70s, 60s, or 50s. Like The Ronettes, Elvis Presley, Little Richard, The Rolling Stones etc.
 8)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies