Author Topic: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break  (Read 6533 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « on: July 25, 2021, 08:58:35 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Title says all, I just feel unwelcome here and nothing I do seems to be appreciated. I feel like I’m constantly beat to everything and I’m always the wrong one. Especially from certain know it alls. Now my photos barely get any recognition, even the good vintage stuff. EOLEDs seem to be getting attention now. Maybe it’s just because the short lived era of CreeRSW207 being on LG is simply over. Man LG sure has changed since I joined in 2019.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:08:58 PM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 09:11:41 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I'm sorry that you feel that way. It's partially my fault for identifying a light fixture before you do. I guess I should let you have a chance at identifying a light fixture before me. I'm also terribly sorry for getting into arguments over a model of a light fixture with you. All I just want is for the information I give out to be helpful. I still appreciate your photos. In fact, there are lots more pictures of old light fixtures in your gallery than in mine!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 10:06:35 PM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 09:13:54 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Yeah. I was really looking forward to posting the photos from EMEC areas.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 09:22:09 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Jamie sure appreciates your photos! I haven't seen any interesting line equipment in my area, either.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 09:59:19 PM » Author: HPS_250
Don’t leave LG! I enjoy your photos and have learned quite a lot about lighting from them since I joined. I think anyone can be welcome here.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #5 on: July 25, 2021, 10:07:32 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Don’t leave LG! I enjoy your photos and have learned quite a lot about lighting from them since I joined. I think anyone can be welcome here.
Thanks, I needed some motivation like that.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #6 on: July 25, 2021, 10:08:54 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Don’t leave! Your area has lots of cool lights and power equipment. You know quite a bit of stuff as well. Take a break if you need it.
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #7 on: July 25, 2021, 10:38:30 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
There are definitely some know it all members here. I find it really annoying when I get a email notification from a photo that hasn't been commented on in many years, that one of the know it alls has commented on correcting the model of the fixture.

Now, I do sometimes search the site for photos of specific fixtures, and will go back all the way to the beginning, and if I happen to see that a fixture was incorrectly identified then I might correct it. But there are a couple members who will go and correct a bunch of photos all at once. Now THAT is being a know it all. When I search “last commented” and see a dozen photos with new comments correcting or identifying fixtures all from the same member that's annoying. I won't say names but they know who they are.

I wouldn't leave because of this though. Your photos are nice to see. As far as the know it alls they'll eventually be put in their place.
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #8 on: July 25, 2021, 11:30:47 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
@HPSM250R2: I have to admit that I'm probably one of the know-it-all people. :-[

Desultory13
Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #9 on: July 26, 2021, 12:37:54 AM » Author: Desultory13
Jamie sure appreciates your photos! I haven't seen any interesting line equipment in my area, either.
You're darn right about that!
Cree, buddy I can understand if you feel that you need to leave or take a break for awhile I've been there and still am given a terrible fallout with a couple of members here.
But I don't know what I'll do without your pictures.
When I go looking for new additions your name is one of the first ones that I look for.
Trust me you will be missed!!
Believe me you are great at identifying lights, I've learned plenty from you and your pictures, I truly enjoy them!!
I sure hope that you can hang in there because I don't want you to go!
Yeah you are right though LG has changed and does seem less friendly at times.
As for the so called know it alls, well there's always one regardless of what group you're in.
Truth is there's no such thing as someone who does know everything.
If you ever do find someone who does please let me know so I can call the Sun-Sentinel newspaper here in Fort Lauderdale.
And if someone ever does tell you that they in fact do know everything just go tell them to kiss your butt!
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #10 on: July 26, 2021, 01:29:40 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I've said this before and I'll say it again , the members here are like an old married couple , sure we'll fuss , fight and argue but in the end , we still need each other !!  If you think you need a break for a while , then go for it but please don't leave .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

WigWag
Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #11 on: July 26, 2021, 01:48:59 AM » Author: WigWag
Title says all, I just feel unwelcome here and nothing I do seems to be appreciated. I feel like I’m constantly beat to everything and I’m always the wrong one. Especially from certain know it alls. Now my photos barely get any recognition, even the good vintage stuff. EOLEDs seem to be getting attention now. Maybe it’s just because the short lived era of CreeRSW207 being on LG is simply over. Man LG sure has changed since I joined in 2019.

I don't really know you but I'd hate to see you leave feeling pushed out or bullied off. Totally not cool! If you ever wanna chat, PM me. I don't mind lending an ear or a shoulder.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #12 on: July 26, 2021, 02:33:04 AM » Author: Econolite03
Cree, please stay. I totally understand where you’re coming from. I really appreciate all of your content, and was looking forward to seeing what you found in EMEC territory.
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #13 on: July 26, 2021, 03:34:58 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I really am sorry for what I've done. Please don't leave. I'm also looking forward to seeing what you found in EMEC territory.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Thinking about leaving LG or taking break « Reply #14 on: July 26, 2021, 03:50:29 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
@sailormoon_01_uk: I definitely don't want you to leave. Unbelievable how all your knowledge is questioned by people who give out false information. I don't comment on pictures of lamps because I barely have any knowledge about them. That's why I comment on pictures of fixtures so much because I know more about them.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies