Author Topic: Knockdowns  (Read 1142 times)
GE PM

View Posts
View Gallery

Ge Post Mount

Knockdowns « on: July 10, 2023, 09:45:49 PM » Author: GE PM
How long does it usualy take for a city or DOT to cleanup and replace a knocked downed light?

Collector of all things GE! Except for LEDs.
Utility Company: SCE

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Knockdowns « Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 10:24:17 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
It varies from city to city and DOT to DOT.

Not sure about cities, but here, if a city has poles that are SCE owned, SCE will take their sweet time lol. Usually a few months, but the worst case I've seen was a little over a year for one.

CalTrans usually takes a week or two at the least and about a month at most, from what I've seen in my area.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Euro-Bulbs.net

Re: Knockdowns « Reply #2 on: July 10, 2023, 10:34:29 PM » Author: Econolite03
It varies amongst agencies. Where I live, SCE usually has knockdowns cleaned up within in days, then it takes about a month for a new pole to be installed. Same goes with city-owned poles, but they tend to take longer especially if they do their maintenance is in-house or if it’s done by a outside contractor. Caltrans cleans up knockdowns same-day (most times even leaving the damaged pole behind since they reuse them). Re-installing the pole or replacing it entirely takes them either a few days or several months.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Knockdowns « Reply #3 on: July 11, 2023, 05:23:30 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 The City Of Columbus usually cleans up an downed light before the police even leave !  They're too cheap fisted to let a scrapper get anything !!  Putting it back depend on weather or not the mounting pad was damaged or not . If not the light will be replaced within a few weeks . If the base or wiring is damaged , the repair could take months .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Knockdowns « Reply #4 on: July 11, 2023, 06:02:55 PM » Author: joseph_125
Over here knockdowns generally gets cleaned up after a few days, with the pole getting fixed in a week (base mounted) or a couple weeks (direct bury concrete). Of course if the base is damaged it'll take long. Damaged wiring sometimes gets bypassed with overhead wiring.

Sometimes if the luminaire and arm are salvageable, they'll detached it from the knocked down pole and leave it there for the crew installing the new pole to reuse. 
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Knockdowns « Reply #5 on: July 11, 2023, 06:06:15 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 The city will leave the pole and arm if they're salvageable but everything else goes away quickly . Very few scrappers will mess with a 30ft pole or 15ft. arm !

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Knockdowns « Reply #6 on: July 12, 2023, 06:31:54 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
WSDOT usually takes anywhere between a week and a month to repair a knockdown depending on its location.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

CooperOVZ

View Posts
View Gallery

OVZ

Re: Knockdowns « Reply #7 on: July 17, 2023, 12:51:53 PM » Author: CooperOVZ
How long does it usualy take for a city or DOT to cleanup and replace a knocked downed light?
When a streetlight was taken down, they used to be quite prompt and quick to act here in my city. They don't seem to be as swift as they formerly were right now. The year 2022 began with a KO. In April 2023, they put up a concrete pole that was direct buried. A month later, the arms and fixtures were installed. They still haven't put the poles on a few poles that have been KO'd for 1-2 years!

Greetings, I'm CooperOVZ. My actual name is Kabir. Since I was nine years old, I have had a broad interest in lighting.

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Knockdowns « Reply #8 on: July 17, 2023, 06:03:30 PM » Author: HIDLad001
NCDOT is quite slow with downed lights. There is a GE Evolve ERL2 and its pole on I-40 that have been sitting there for months.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Knockdowns « Reply #9 on: July 18, 2023, 12:04:07 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Around here , the scrappers would've got it shortly after it came down !

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Re: Knockdowns « Reply #10 on: August 31, 2023, 10:53:55 AM » Author: Maxim
My township sucks with knockouts. They clean up immediately, but take forever to replace the pole and fixture, usually, to my annoyance, changing the style of arm, pole, and fixture to whatever they have lying around. Or there are some whose concrete bases are painted red but are never attended to.  :poof:

Townships near me typically take awhile, but they do the job right when it comes time to replacing the pole, arm, and fixture. Next time I see a fixture knocked out by roadkill I'm getting out of my car and grabbing it... :D

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies