Author Topic: Mexican 250w M58 probe start metal halide yardblaster fixtures  (Read 1408 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Mexican 250w M58 probe start metal halide yardblaster fixtures « on: August 05, 2021, 12:26:22 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
While exploring lighting intended for the Mexican market, I have found that they have yardblaster fixtures that use 250w M58 probe start metal halide lamps. While looking at the fixture design, I see that these yardblaster fixtures have a 250w M58 probe start metal halide CWA ballast mounted inside the head along with the capacitor inside it. From what I am aware of, mounting a CWA ballast in the fixture head could be very problematic as the heat from the lamp could destroy the capacitor. Tell us what you think about the design of these fixtures.

Here is the listing of the fixture itself:

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-864013610-luminaria-suburbana-aditivos-metalicos-250-w-completa-_JM#position=18&search_layout=grid&type=item&tracking_id=a4b3ac62-a006-40d8-822c-a2ea76bb1c5e

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mexican 250w M58 probe start metal halide yardblaster fixtures « Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 01:34:58 AM » Author: tolivac
RIDICULOUS price!!!!!
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Mexican 250w M58 probe start metal halide yardblaster fixtures « Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 01:57:28 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
RIDICULOUS price!!!!!
It's so stupid, it was probably a mistake! They might've meant to price it for $160.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mexican 250w M58 probe start metal halide yardblaster fixtures « Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 02:21:21 AM » Author: High Intensity
RIDICULOUS price!!!!!
Going off the context of this thread, I'm assuming the price is likely in Pesos, and when they're converted to US dollars, the price comes out closer to 80 dollars.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Mexican 250w M58 probe start metal halide yardblaster fixtures « Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 03:14:01 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Going off the context of this thread, I'm assuming the price is likely in Pesos, and when they're converted to US dollars, the price comes out closer to 80 dollars.

@High Intensity, you are actually right!!! 1,600 Mexican Pesos does translate into $80 USD.

It is also good to know that even though this fixture has a 127/220v 60hz ballast, it should work pretty well on either 120v or 240v 60hz mains supplies since those voltages are well within 10% of the ballast’s rated input voltages.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies