Author Topic: The 18 Commandments of Forum Behaviour  (Read 2077 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

The 18 Commandments of Forum Behaviour « on: August 10, 2021, 10:30:53 AM » Author: Rommie
I was going to post this in Site Rules, but thought better of it  :mrg:

The 18 Commandments of Forum Behaviour.

1.  Thou shalt love thy forum with all thy heart and all thy bytes.
 2.  Thou shalt speaketh to the admin thy real name.
 3.  Thou shalt not POST IN ALL CAPS!
 4.  Thou shalt Honour thy admin and obey their instructions.
 5.  Thou shalt not post messages that are stupid, worthless, or have no meaning, lest thee be deemed an idiot.
 6.  Thou shalt use the English language properly so that thee may be deemed wise.
 7.  Thou shalt spell thy words correctly.  Amen.
 8.  Thou shalt help other users so that thee may be deemed a friend.
 9.  Thou shalt keep thy foul language to thyself lest thee be forever banished.
 10. Thou shalt not occupy thy forum with thine arguments, for Verily, I say unto thee that thou shalt maketh thyself the charlatan.
 11. Thou shalt not post messages after imbibing excessively of ale.
 12. Thou shalt confine thy messages to those of friendship, requests for assistance, aid to the needy, advice, and advancement of thy hobby; yea, and thou art obligated to repel any who wouldst transgresseth upon these commandments.
 13. If thou doth promise to reply to a message and thou doth not, then surely thou shalt spill liquid into thy keyboard and shorteth out thy computer.
 14. Thou shalt not giveth any false information when applying for membership to thy forum, for Verily it is Written that whosoever shall do so wilt surely be found out and thy welcome on all boards will be thus be denied for ever and ever.
 15. Thou shalt log on properly and in accordance with thy admin's wishes.
 16. Thou shalt not ask stupid questions that art already fully explained in forum bulletins and instructions, for to do so wilt bringeth foul curses upon thee and thine, thy children, and thy children's children yea unto the 7th generation.  So shalt it be.
 17. Thou shalt not violate any applicable state/federal/local laws and regulations affecting forum communications, or thou wilt face the wrath of thy judicial system.
 18. Thou shalt not hack.

Adapted by me from an old posting to the amateur radio BBS system back in the 1980's.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: The 18 Commandments of Forum Behaviour « Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 11:55:29 AM » Author: rjluna2
Nice listing, Ria :)

Here is the real site rule established by the Master of the site: https://www.lighting-gallery.net/index.php?topic=11316.0

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: The 18 Commandments of Forum Behaviour « Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 07:36:32 PM » Author: joseph_125
Nice, even though it's dates from a 1980s BBS, the rules can probably apply to any modern forum, even social media sites.
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: The 18 Commandments of Forum Behaviour « Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 08:56:48 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Hopefully such a mastery of 2nd person singular isn't required for numbers 6 & 7. If it is I'm doomed.  @-@  And number 11 won't be a problem since I hardly drink.

So posting goofy humour is completely against number 5, isn't it?

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: The 18 Commandments of Forum Behaviour « Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 07:21:45 AM » Author: Rommie
So posting goofy humour is completely against number 5, isn't it?
Not really, there's a big difference between goofy and stupid  ;D

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: The 18 Commandments of Forum Behaviour « Reply #5 on: August 11, 2021, 09:41:27 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Well i was gonna try to make a post breaking every single rule in one post, unfortunately rule 11 is out of my reach, give me 6 years or so. :mrg:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The 18 Commandments of Forum Behaviour « Reply #6 on: August 11, 2021, 03:50:56 PM » Author: High Intensity
Well i was gonna try to make a post breaking every single rule in one post, unfortunately rule 11 is out of my reach, give me 6 years or so. :mrg:
I know of two instances of that rule being broken by the same person on the same day on two of my oldest photos, the comments are almost incomprehensible and were kind of funny to me at the time (and are still kind of funny to look back at now lol).
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: The 18 Commandments of Forum Behaviour « Reply #7 on: August 11, 2021, 05:36:20 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
It never stopped me...  :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: The 18 Commandments of Forum Behaviour « Reply #8 on: August 11, 2021, 06:07:25 PM » Author: Bulbman256
It never stopped me...  :mrg:

Well if i get over to germany in a few months i can... :mrg: I really do wonder why they kicked you out of that pub on your 18th birthday, you where one of there regulars! :wndr: :lol:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: The 18 Commandments of Forum Behaviour « Reply #9 on: August 11, 2021, 06:11:42 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Well considering eighteen was and is the age when you can start (legally) drinking, they were a bit miffed that somebody who had been going in there for a drink for the past two years was having a birthday party.  :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The 18 Commandments of Forum Behaviour « Reply #10 on: August 13, 2021, 12:25:53 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXeTsWGPT0w    :mrg: :lol:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: The 18 Commandments of Forum Behaviour « Reply #11 on: August 13, 2021, 12:59:04 AM » Author: Bulbman256
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXeTsWGPT0w    :mrg: :lol:

Where are the other three from then? :wndr: :mrg: :lol:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: The 18 Commandments of Forum Behaviour « Reply #12 on: August 13, 2021, 09:59:19 AM » Author: Rommie
Don't ask me, there were 27 in the original radio version  :mrg:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies