Author Topic: I need an igniter that does 35 to 150 watt HPS lamps  (Read 1338 times)
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

I need an igniter that does 35 to 150 watt HPS lamps « on: August 11, 2021, 08:27:46 PM » Author: thelightingman
I have a Regent DL-70H 70 watt HPS yardblaster that has a bad starter. I really want to fire it up to see what it looks like in it's original form. Si if you have a starter that I could use just let me know. Thanks!

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: I need an igniter that does 35 to 150 watt HPS lamps « Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 08:34:50 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I have a Regent DL-70H 70 watt HPS yardblaster that has a bad starter. I really want to fire it up to see what it looks like in it's original form. Si if you have a starter that I could use just let me know. Thanks!

Here is a 2 wire ignitor designed for both 55v and 100v high pressure sodium lamps for under $8USD!!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392874507964

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I need an igniter that does 35 to 150 watt HPS lamps « Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 02:56:25 AM » Author: thelightingman
Here is a 2 wire ignitor designed for both 55v and 100v high pressure sodium lamps for under $8USD!!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392874507964

The light can only take 3 wire ignitors due to it not having any direct neutral wire on the ballast.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: I need an igniter that does 35 to 150 watt HPS lamps « Reply #3 on: August 12, 2021, 03:20:36 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
The light can only take 3 wire ignitors due to it not having any direct neutral wire on the ballast.

Actually, the 2 wire ignitors that I linked to you on eBay can actually work on high pressure sodium ballasts normally designed for 3 wire ignitors. In the installation instructions of these particular ignitors, you cap off the X3 or blue tap that you see on the ballast. In that case, the ignitor is simply connected in parallel with the lamp. I can draw you some wiring diagrams that show how this 2 wire ignitor is installed vs a normal 3 wire ignitor on the ballast that you have in your fixture. In your case, the ballast in your fixture is a simple reactor/choke ballast wired in series with the lamp. The top diagram represents how to wire the 2 wire ignitor to your fixture and the bottom diagram represents how a normal 3 wire ignitor is wired to your fixture.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I need an igniter that does 35 to 150 watt HPS lamps « Reply #4 on: August 12, 2021, 03:12:16 PM » Author: thelightingman
Actually, the 2 wire ignitors that I linked to you on eBay can actually work on high pressure sodium ballasts normally designed for 3 wire ignitors. In the installation instructions of these particular ignitors, you cap off the X3 or blue tap that you see on the ballast. In that case, the ignitor is simply connected in parallel with the lamp. I can draw you some wiring diagrams that show how this 2 wire ignitor is installed vs a normal 3 wire ignitor on the ballast that you have in your fixture. In your case, the ballast in your fixture is a simple reactor/choke ballast wired in series with the lamp. The top diagram represents how to wire the 2 wire ignitor to your fixture and the bottom diagram represents how a normal 3 wire ignitor is wired to your fixture.
Ok, I see how it works now.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies