Author Topic: Any Sport Car Owners?  (Read 407 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Any Sport Car Owners? « on: February 17, 2024, 03:08:21 PM » Author: suzukir122
To second my other thread, "any motorcycle owners," I figured I'd post a thread to see if there may be any sport car owners on here as well.
My sport car is a custom 2010 Hyundai Genesis coupe. I've had it since 2021, but I've officially owned it since early 2022. Definitely another strange vehicle.
It has some custom work done to it, so it is definitely fast. The whistling from the turbo can be addictive, as well as the loud BOV. Incomplete custom
exhaust set up, so the car is loud, but it isn't unbearable. Hopefully once Spring arrives, I can install a complete exhaust system on it.
This is also my very first manual car, so it took a long time to get use to. I bought this car mainly to make new friends, go to car meets, car shows, etc.
I realized that it's very rare for me to bring up this car on Lighting Gallery, so I figured I'd go ahead and talk about it. Much like with my motorcycle, I'm
interested to see if there are any sport car owners on here as well.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Re: Any Sport Car Owners? « Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 10:59:48 PM » Author: Maxim
Not one currently, but I plan to acquire one sometime in the near future.

I've set my sights on older BMW coupes; hopefully one that isn't too beat up and one with a stock engine that I can do what I please to. If not that, then a sleeper works fine for me also.  :mrg:

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Any Sport Car Owners? « Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 07:17:55 AM » Author: suzukir122
I've always been a major fan of the BMW's, including the coupes. Especially older model BMWs. Hopefully someday you'll be able to purchase one that's
in good condition!

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Any Sport Car Owners? « Reply #3 on: February 20, 2024, 12:12:22 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Depends on if you want to define a V6 Honda Accord coupe as a sports car, but I certainly like to do some "sporty" driving in it quite often. :mrg:

I suppose my car is in the middle zone between commuter and sports car, mostly because mine cruises extremely well with good practicality while also being an enjoyable car to let loose every once in a while. :wndr:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Any Sport Car Owners? « Reply #4 on: February 20, 2024, 08:25:05 AM » Author: suzukir122
I've heard that the Honda Accord V6 is potent, with the added reliability. It does have a bit of a sporty look/vibe to it.
What year is your Accord?

Interests:

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Any Sport Car Owners? « Reply #5 on: February 20, 2024, 10:04:48 PM » Author: Bulbman256
It's a 2011. They are quite fun engines to play with but again still pretty reliable. The coupes are available either with a 6 speed manual or a 5 speed auto with flappy paddles. I have the auto and it's still really fun to drive. Definitely some sporty characteristics in a mostly unassuming car.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Highway125

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Any Sport Car Owners? « Reply #6 on: February 20, 2024, 11:35:01 PM » Author: Highway125
Technically more of a Muscle car, but it is still very sporty... 

I have a Candy Apple Red 1966 Ford Mustang Notchback Coupe my family inherited from my grandfather.

It originally ran on tracks for time attack and short course class racing prior to my grandfather buying it off of his friend who ran it in said racing classes. so its pretty peppy and tricked out!
Has a smallblock 302 bored and stroked out to 331ci with alloy heads and billet internals,
QuickFuel double-pumper carb, Tremec T5 transmisson and a Hurst hydraulic racing clutch.

boy is it fast!! Such a fun little car!  8)

𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙃𝙖𝙞𝙡 𝘾𝙤𝙧𝙣-𝘾𝙤𝙗 𝙇𝙀𝘿 𝙇𝙖𝙢𝙥𝙨!!

𝗞𝗲𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝗹𝗱 𝗙𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗔𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝟮𝟬𝟬𝟲!!!

Death to the LED panels!!!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Any Sport Car Owners? « Reply #7 on: March 01, 2024, 08:21:10 PM » Author: suzukir122
Muscle cars count in this thread as well, so if you own a muscle car, please chime in.
@Highway125, those vintage Mustangs are beasts. A buddy of mine owns the Foxbody Mustang, 1980's, I believe. He hasn't talked about
it in a while now though, but since I work with him, I'll ask about it next time I see him at work. His contains a NOS kit.

Unfortunately my Genesis is down due to a suspension problem. Once I save up enough money, I'll work on either fixing it myself or taking
it to a shop. After that, I plan on making YouTube videos showing it, which I honestly should've done like... 3 years ago...  :-\

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies