Author Topic: Storm yesterday  (Read 2373 times)
KEDER

View Posts
View Gallery

Storm yesterday « on: July 21, 2009, 10:53:17 PM » Author: KEDER
Not where i live, but in denver area, but a storm came last night there, i went to town today, and saw TONS of new dayburners. i got pics of alot of them. its funny how a storm makes newdayburners. like on wadtsworth, i saw dayburner after another.can storms ruin photocells? and none of the photocells were damaged though, they looked fine.
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: Storm yesterday « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 11:05:28 PM » Author: lite_lover
Possibly a local lightning strike caused a power spike on that line and damaged the electronic photocontrols that don't have surge protection.

The brighter the better.

KEDER

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Storm yesterday « Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 11:30:56 PM » Author: KEDER
THats a good point. i saw someone working on a big transformer, i bet it got hit by lightning. they were fixing it, iu bet they will fix the damaged photocells maybe tommorow. and maybe the one on kipling too! LOL. but lots were still off in the day. maybe those the pc was not damaged or it was damagedand the circuit might not be completed anymore.
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Storm yesterday « Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 06:02:01 PM » Author: Medved
In this aspect is the beauty of old fashioned thermomechanical photocells: They do not get as easily damaged by some short spike...

No more selfballasted c***

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Storm yesterday « Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 02:41:11 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
In last week at kuusamo(I was in a work trip), I was eating at the hotels restaurant during thunder storm. lights were bliking as the lightning hit the power lines but there were no completely blackout. I think that was really nice atmosphere to eat... Just like some movie... you could heart the rain outside...

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Storm yesterday « Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 06:05:23 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
in my area, we have some acorn fixtures, the older models had this issue, when they start dayburning. The reason of this was the design flaw of the acorn fixtures. The photocell socket is located on the bottom of a fixture and in the older designs the PC is UPSIDEDOWN so water gets inside the PC socket, ruining the PCs, causing dayburning....

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies