Author Topic: F34T12 on 32w circline preheat and rapid start ballasts?  (Read 634 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
F34T12 on 32w circline preheat and rapid start ballasts? « on: November 01, 2021, 02:37:46 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Since it is well known that North American F34T12 tubes have the tendency to cook most full power F40T12 preheat ballasts, I have known that 32w circlines run at 80v 430mA while North American F34T12 tubes run at 84v 460mA. I was thinking that since those tubes are electrically similar to 32w circline lamps, can I confirm that any European and North American 32w circline ballast (preheat and rapid start) will safely run a North American F34T12 tubes without the ballast overheating?

In addition, should I also worry about starters causing harm to F34T12 tubes with an electrically conductive coating that are only meant for operation rapid start ballasts?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F34T12 on 32w circline preheat and rapid start ballasts? « Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 03:31:35 AM » Author: Medved
The rapid start tubes may need higher current for preheating to really adequately warm up the filaments, as the RS circuits feed them by a constant 3V or so, with current allowed to get way higher than the circuit current in the preheat ballasts. So they will start, they may suffer from more switching cycle wear.

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies