Author Topic: Why are incandescents still legal in African countries?  (Read 754 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Why are incandescents still legal in African countries? « on: November 04, 2021, 04:06:41 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
When I have been looking at maps for incandescent lamp bans, I have noticed that most countries in Africa have no incandescent bulb bans. Why is this so?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why are incandescents still legal in African countries? « Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 03:39:11 AM » Author: Medved
Simply said: Most of them have other, real problems to deal with...

No more selfballasted c***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Why are incandescents still legal in African countries? « Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 09:22:31 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The other reason is that with incandescent bulbs, it's just a question of 'plug and play' there are no complicated ballast requirements to work out.  :wndr:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies